SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scrape the bottom of my front bumper regularly. Speed bumps (even slow), driveways, potholes. It gets irritating and is taking a toll on the bottom of my bumper.

Car is a 99 C70, new struts, original springs. Is replacing with a fresh stock set of OEM springs the way to go? Not looking to change the ride particularly.

Anyone dealt with this issue?

Sidenote. I found an 04 C70 in a local junkyard and have been having a great time taking just what I need. Nice to find a private cheap source of parts.

·
Registered
17,318 Posts
It’s the c70 bumper most likely they sit lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
My C70 is actually lowered and I almost never scrape the bumper. I'd start with springs. Grab the 04 springs and see what's up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I will grab the strut packs from that car. The guy wants to keep the engine largely intact. Are there any sought after parts you'd suggest I collect while I'm there - drivers bumper side front end collision.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Window regulators are very expensive, if they work in the donor car they're worth grabbing if he'll let them go cheap.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Window Regulators it is. I need to pull the locking mechanism from the donor car passenger side door anyway

I suppose I should take some wood and a saw to prop up the windows once I remove?
I am wanting the convertible top to this car - it's in nice shape and mine is wearing.

Since I replaced the heater core, rotors & pads, struts & shocks, tires, engine mounts, vvt soleniod, and most of all the front seats (seat power controls work well, I didn't bother with the seat heaters or seat memory) this car passed inspection and is just a pleasure to drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts