SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2018 XC60 T6 (P*) back from the dealer for a software update. My stop/start no longer works and while my tach now says "POLESTAR" where it used to say "DYNAMIC", the console still lists the Drive Mode as "Dynamic" instead of "Polestar Engineered". What could have gone wrong here?

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
I just got my 2018 XC60 T6 (P*) back from the dealer for a software update. My stop/start no longer works and while my tach now says "POLESTAR" where it used to say "DYNAMIC", the console still lists the Drive Mode as "Dynamic" instead of "Polestar Engineered". What could have gone wrong here?
Go back to dealer and have them reload software? Anything can happen during a software update, from a loss of connection, to the update being corrupted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had the update done on my '18 T6 w/polestar at the end of May. My display for the modes is the same as yours, and I've had no issues with dynamic mode. That said, my auto start/stop works fine and shows the updated icon in the tachometer. If auto start/stop isn't working, you should take it back in.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I guess I have no choice. Although, if the drive mode discrepancy is the same in your car I'm wondering if at least that part is "normal" for this model. Thx.

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Just to be clear the start stop shouldnt work in polestar or dynamic mode. Just eco and comfort.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right, it's not working at all. In Eco/Comfort the stop/start icon in the tach shows with a line through it.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
There are a dozen or so requirements for start/stop to function. Most common is a low battery, either the main or support battery. Hot Outside Summer temps are another reason for it not to function. So if its hot 90+ SS will not function.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Like Oceans said, the start stop not working is likely due to one of the many reasons that can cause it to not be available.

The Polestar display is normal.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Others pointed out a valid question....Is it super hot where you live? Do you drive the car enough for the battery to charge? If the start / stop NEVER works and doesn't give a reason, go back for software reload.

If start / stop gives a reason (electrical, temperature, etc) you haven't met the conditions for the system to engage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Others pointed out a valid question....Is it super hot where you live? Do you drive the car enough for the battery to charge? If the start / stop NEVER works and doesn't give a reason, go back for software reload.

If start / stop gives a reason (electrical, temperature, etc) you haven't met the conditions for the system to engage.
I don't know if it's "super hot", but it's hot. However, it hasn't gotten hot suddenly. I've driven this car 4 months and never had it be unavailable. It worked on the drive to the dealership. The dealer had an hour to do the update and I picked it up. It hasn't worked since. I'm open to it being unavailable for a valid reason, but the evidence doesn't point that direction.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
I don't know if it's "super hot", but it's hot. However, it hasn't gotten hot suddenly. I've driven this car 4 months and never had it be unavailable. It worked on the drive to the dealership. The dealer had an hour to do the update and I picked it up. It hasn't worked since. I'm open to it being unavailable for a valid reason, but the evidence doesn't point that direction.
I don't know the XC60 menu layout (own a 15.5 S60). But on my 15.5 it'll state a reason the start / stop isn't functioning. Start your vehicle and see if there's a menu for start / stop. Are any reasons listed under it for why it won't function (electrical (battery), Temperature, etc)?

If no messages, and the system is activated and won't engage, I recommend stopping by dealer to inquire about the problem.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Below are the only images I can track down regarding both Polestar display updates. After the update I have one but not the other.

EDIT: If the image links don't work, here's the post where I found them:
Posted your images.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
If the car does not have Polestar, it will not switch the name of Dynamic Mode anywhere.

Model year 2019 and 2020 has the updated text in the center display and cluster.

Model year 2016-2018 only changed the text in the cluster. A future update will change it in the center display.

Like I said, it is normal. No further speculation is needed.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If the car does not have Polestar, it will not switch the name of Dynamic Mode anywhere.

Model year 2019 and 2020 has the updated text in the center display and cluster.

Model year 2016-2018 only changed the text in the cluster. A future update will change it in the center display.

Like I said, it is normal. No further speculation is needed.
Exactly this.

My 2018 only has the text on the dash. Not in the infotainment screen.

And S/S is less likely to engage in hot weather. It's been in the 80s in Boston, and it hasn't engaged of its own volition in a while. You can always double tap the S/S icon if you want to force it to turn off, FYI.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a 2019 XC40 (P*) - after my software update my start stop also no longer works. When I am in ECO mode, the engine stops the first time that I come to a stop. Without moving, the engine restarts and then I get the line through stop/start and it is disabled the rest of my drive. My console also does not say POLESTAR it still says DYNAMIC

1 - 20 of 20 Posts