SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 S60 2.5T
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Upgraded my base model 2005 S60 2.5T to a loaded low miles 2008.
Many things needed immediate attention, including wiper blades.
Seriously considered going with Bosch Icon or Rain-X Latitude,
but decided to go with much less expensive but still beam type Bosch Evolution.
After all, Bosch makes Volvo OEM blades (or so I'm told).
And I couldn't be happier: easy fit, great cleaning, dead silent.
Highly recommended.

·
Registered
191 Posts
First post about wiper blades I've seen here, but I'll bite!

I just recently ordered 2005+ wiper arms for my 2004 S60. I have been running the beam-style Bosch Icon's on my 2004 for a while now and they are pretty good. I went with those over the Evolutions because if you look at them from the side profile the Icon's have a spoiler shape to them that is directional with the front of the car to help keep them planted to the windshield at higher speeds. The Evolutions did not have this, only a symmetrical design that perhaps might help somewhat but I'm not sure.

I recently put the Rain-X Latitude blades on my girlfriend's C30 and from what I can tell they are better than either of the Bosch blades when it comes to the rubber used. They also have a wear indicator spot on them which I really like, and that is why I ordered the 2005+ style arms for my '04, so that I could run these.

·
Registered
2008 S60 2.5T
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First post about wiper blades I've seen here, but I'll bite!
I just recently ordered 2005+ wiper arms for my 2004 S60. I have been running the beam-style Bosch Icon's on my 2004 for a while now and they are pretty good. I went with those over the Evolutions because if you look at them from the side profile the Icon's have a spoiler shape to them that is directional with the front of the car to help keep them planted to the windshield at higher speeds. The Evolutions did not have this, only a symmetrical design that perhaps might help somewhat but I'm not sure.
I recently put the Rain-X Latitude blades on my girlfriend's C30 and from what I can tell they are better than either of the Bosch blades when it comes to the rubber used. They also have a wear indicator spot on them which I really like, and that is why I ordered the 2005+ style arms for my '04, so that I could run these.
My $0.02:
1. Rubber can't really be assessed without materials testing. What matters to the consumer is cleaning, noise, and durability, all of which are excellent with the better than OEM grade Evolution.
2. All blades deteriorate enough to warrant replacement within a year, and you'll get better results from a new OEM grade blade than an older premium blade.
3. I've never seen a problem of aerodynamic lift with OEM blades or aftermarket beam blades. I think this is more a marketing gimmick than a real issue, particularly with a car as aerodynamic as the S60.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts