SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, has anyone installed booster seats into the 90 yet? Any suggestions on which ones fit well vs not? Know in the past volvo's headrest design meant only some fit. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.tascaparts.com/volvo/xc6...?part_name=child-seat-booster-cushion-us-gray

This is what I've used since 2010. My children I love it, cheer is also the reclining back support that snaps in place.

http://www.tascaparts.com/volvo/xc6..._name=child-seat-backrest-for-booster-cushion

This one says XC60 but it's the same for all Volvos.
Thanks - we actually have that but my kids are too tall for the backrest, and they fall asleep a lot so need a high back version that's adjustable.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
No, I've been thinking about picking it up just to see of its more comfortable for my wife (not that she has any issues with the seats). My daughter, who's still in the booster doesn't seem to have a problem staying upright in the seat. Do you have the seats in the most reclined position? I think it may help them stay centered, we keep them in the reclined position.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I've been thinking about picking it up just to see of its more comfortable for my wife (not that she has any issues with the seats). My daughter, who's still in the booster doesn't seem to have a problem staying upright in the seat. Do you have the seats in the most reclined position? I think it may help them stay centered, we keep them in the reclined position.
Ah don't have the xc90 yet:). They do lean over in our xc60.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hmm, didn't realize we can recline the middle seat too. I thought it was only the 2 side ones. That would certainly help if the seat can be reclined a bit.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Thanks - we actually have that but my kids are too tall for the backrest, and they fall asleep a lot so need a high back version that's adjustable.
The booster shown in the tascaparts links is the official Volvo Booster seat. The back rest IS adjustable, to quite a high height. Look for a small square in fabric on the back of the backrest, just above where the metal frame enters the backrest. It is about an inch square. Press on it with your thumb while lifting up on the back rest. It will slide up along the frame and lock in place when you release the button under the square.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Hmm, didn't realize we can recline the middle seat too. I thought it was only the 2 side ones. That would certainly help if the seat can be reclined a bit.
The middle does recline by the strap at the side by the belt, just rechecked this morning. Good luck!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The booster shown in the tascaparts links is the official Volvo Booster seat. The back rest IS adjustable, to quite a high height. Look for a small square in fabric on the back of the backrest, just above where the metal frame enters the backrest. It is about an inch square. Press on it with your thumb while lifting up on the back rest. It will slide up along the frame and lock in place when you release the button under the square.
WOW, thanks so much! I had no idea and neither did the dealer. They seriously need better instructions!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts