SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Boost gauge is at a near constant 16-17 lbs of boost,I thought that the "T5" engine could only handle 15,maybe it just me or is it anyone else?

·
Registered
484 Posts
if your gauge is accurate, you probably have something malfunctioning.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I've been running 19-20 psi for ~ 1 year....

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I would say 14-15 is accurate for a stage one reflash. If it is holding steady and not spiking your good

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@slasher,The engine can handle that? My gauge is pretty accurate,nothing wrong with the vacuum line. Its about 15-17 ad no spike

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
wow you guys are hitting high numbers on stock turbos!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Stock BOV can only hold 15psi or so - if you go Forge you'll boost 16-17 on a decent remap.

·
Registered
78 Posts
A while back mine had an issue with one of the valves in the turbo, that would cause it to overboost and then shut the turbo down until you restarted the car... I don't know how high the pressure was getting before it tripped it though.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Stock BOV can only hold 15psi or so - if you go Forge you'll boost 16-17 on a decent remap.
Really? I have the forge and I peaked at 14 psi on stock tune. Lol

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
3rd and 4th gear pulls going downhill I guess

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
i was going onto an on ramp and accelerated out and i take a looky and im like wtf, past 15 psi and then i was like hmmm accelerate some more oooh pass 20 now. then i let off gas. then went on gas to make sure it could do it again and what do you know. 20+psi. after that it wouldn't go there anymore, it would peak at 15 psi instead. so... idk.

and i found out it's pretty normal for a car with an upgraded cbv. the srt neon's have this as well.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f25/overboosting-turbo-bad-551873/index2.html

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
proof my car overboosts!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts