SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently re-installed my iPD HDTCV. . .

I was running the stock unit but wasn't satisfied with my boost levels. I was barely spiking 20psi and tapering to 15-16ps by redline.
Now that I re-installed the iPD unit, I'm spiking 21psi consistently and holding boost a lot better. Car is noticeably quicker.
I did notice spikes of up to 24psi, though. I want to install some sort of relief valve or MBC and set it to 21psi to keer her reliable.

I noticed ViVA offered one at some point. Link is broken on their site.

Is there some sort of DIY out there? I'd make my own...

·
Registered
591 Posts
Pull your engine ECM fuses, "start" the car (it won't), replace the fuses and let it re-adapt before you do anything else. I'm not talking about the calibration process that IPD recommends, btw.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
MAC valve TCV's are absolute junk. ViVA's Valve is no longer available.
I wouldnt say they are junk. I had problems with boost when I had an Autotech tune. But fast forward to present day and I've set up my car properly and there are no problems whatsoever. Boost problems arent always related to hardware as you know ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,795 Posts
I wouldnt say they are junk. I had problems with boost when I had an Autotech tune. But fast forward to present day and I've set up my car properly and there are no problems whatsoever. Boost problems arent always related to hardware as you know ;)
Uhhhh HUH

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
My MAC/ ARD tcv was junk. Overboosted all the time. OEM no more problems.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Scratch that...

Sitting right at 16psi when I hit the limiter at redline

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been running the iPD HDTCV for about 2 weeks now...

Car is running STRONG. Never pulled this hard since I've owned the car. I'm loving it.

Few little things I've noticed though:
Sometimes it will hit 23psi and the car holds the boost but sort of misifres...
Secondly, when letting off the throttle after going all out it will sometimes sort of 'surge' and then backfire. Backfires are normal.. car backfires all day long but the surge only started after installing the iPD unit.

I've had these surges before.. after re-loading the tune or after having done a reset. I always linked this 'surge' to the car adapting. Any other thoughts?

I definitely want to run some sort of relief valve... anybody have any ideas as to where I can find one??

:beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Super Moderator
10,795 Posts
Relief valve should only be used as a way to prevent higher spikes that are uncommon and deadly. Bleeding off that extra 2-3 psi is not the way to fix the issue at hand

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is no real issue at hand.

I just don't want to spike more than 21psi. I'm also wondering about this 'surge' that occurs sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
10,795 Posts
Well limiting the "spike" you are getting with a relief valve is not the way to go about that.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm gonna stick with the iPD unit since the car is running so much stronger.

It's night and day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts