SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 s70 t5 automatic and it is stock besides exhaust and air intake and I just installed a boost guage and at full boost it reached 15 psi and I was wandering how that is possible? Aren't these set at 10 psi? My vacuum hoses are hooked up correct and it's a very good guage a performance auto meter. Any ideas as to why? Is it possible it was upgraded before I got it? The computer looks stock

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
The computer "looks stock"????? :rolleyes:
What do you think would look any different on a flashed ECU? :confused:

Yes, it is probably not stock and probably has a mild tune (if your guage is installed properly)
Is it a quick car?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well when I say looks stock, I mean there's no stickers or anything that suggests it has been modified, and yes it it very quick, it faster than my 1990 mustang 5.0 I used to have. When I got the car last year everything looked completely stock and have done I few upgrades but nothing to change the boost, I ran the vacuum line right into the tree under the cover like everyone else does

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
None do! (have stickers)

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Well, Lucky shouldn't put anything on the ECU
Doesn't help at all if you have a problem and bring it to a dealer.
Many will just walk when they see that

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
No but what about the newer cars?
and I didn't just mean warranty. Many (poor) dealers will just walk away and not work on a tuned car because they're a holes

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I hate dealing with "a holes", don't you?!! :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well some of the computers I have seen for sale on eBay had stickers saying who tuned them but either way I am pushing 15 psi and I didn't do it. So o guess the computer has been tuned, or is there anything else that could cause this?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Nope
Not that high a boost level

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
You can rest assured its been tuned already if it's boosting like that and not throwing check engine lights or any other problems. I am pretty sure it would have hit fuel cut or be acting strangely if it was a jacked up wastegate setting or improperly installed manual boost controller.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the carfax shows it was a one owner before I got it but it also shows it spent about two years at a Volvo dealership after the first owner and racked up about 15,000 miles at the dealership so maybe one of the techs was driving it or something and tuned it? Either way it's fine with me now I don't have to buy an expensive upgrade

1 - 13 of 13 Posts