SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost ready to do a b5244t5 swap into my s60r, the engine didn't come with a boost pipe so I was hoping to take the boost pipe off my s60r and put it onto the engine, but then realised it might not fit because the newer b5244t5 used a different type of boost pipe, I took a picture of the turbo where it should connect to, could anyone tell me if the boost pipe off my s60r 2004 will fit?
Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Auto part Metal Water

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive lighting Gas

· Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Do you mean the downpipe? They weren't changed.

The pipe that runs over the top of the engine was changed from the 05-06 model years. From aluminum with a v-band style adapter, to plastic with a coupler.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean the downpipe? They weren't changed.

The pipe that runs over the top of the engine was changed from the 05-06 model years. From aluminum with a v-band style adapter, to plastic with a coupler.
So the aluminum pipe won't fit? Was told there might be a chance it might fit because some engines that were earlier in 2005 still had the v-band

· Premium Member
4,084 Posts
So the aluminum pipe won't fit? Was told there might be a chance it might fit because some engines that were earlier in 2005 still had the v-band
Your picture is showing the exhaust port on the turbo, not the charge port. From your picture, we can't really answer this question.

Go look at your turbo. If it has a long ribbed charge port like this, then it's an 06+ requiring the plastic style pipe:

Auto part Machine Metal Cylinder Automotive super charger part

If it has a shorter charge port with a wide flange, like this, then it's an 04-05 style using the aluminum v-band pipe:
Camera accessory Machine Auto part Metal Titanium

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll check it out soon as I can, the b5244t5 engine is 2005, so hoping it would be the same, but if it were different could I just swap the turbo without any problems? It's the same turbo, just wondering if the s60r 2004 turbo would fit to the 2005 b5244t5 or if it's different in how it's fitted on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts