SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a boost leak will trip a cel?

I've connected my obd2 reader to look at the boost and the car never went into boost according to my app (torque pro). I've ordered a mechanical boost gauge to test, but the car run great and seems to have plenty of power. Does the boost pressure sensor are known to fail on these?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
First CEL my C70 threw was boost leak; O'Reilly's computer said it's common the boost sensor fails; that was my problem.
Cheap, quick fix if that's the problem; sensor is on the pipe from the intercooler to the throttle body.
That said, Turbo Control Valve failures are also common...given that it 'feels' to be running fine, I'd guess the sensor.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wasn't getting boost and replaced the Turbo Solenoid Valve, it's a turbo wastegate controller.
It was the $40 part super easy install and it solved the problem. And it doesn't show up on a OBD scanner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Installed a mechanical boost gauge and I'm boosting :D

10psi on good accel
12psi WOT
14-16 peak when WOT but last only a second.

look normal?

Now I need to figure out if the bad reading I get from the obd2 is caused by a bad sensor or what I'm using can't read the boost accurately.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm not sure, but I think 12 should be your max...the 14-16 probably means your TCV is a bit lazy.
16 shouldn't hurt these engines, though, especially if only blips. (Since you're running 12 psi boost, you must have a HPT, right? or tuned)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure, but I think 12 should be your max...the 14-16 probably means your TCV is a bit lazy.
16 shouldn't hurt these engines, though, especially if only blips. (Since you're running 12 psi boost, you must have a HPT, right? or tuned)
yeah HPT, not tuned, but looking into tuning and down pipe right now.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I had this problem once can't remember the code it was low boost pressure fired my cel somehow my stock garbage intercooler hose came disconnected, but make sure you don't have a disconnected hose, sounds silly I know, I also had my stubby intercooler hose burn and rip idk how but it was another source of low boost pressure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts