SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moderate acceleration onto freeway today, I hear a big pop and car bucks. Sounded like the intercooler hose popped off the turbo which I've had happen once many years ago. I've checked all the intercooler connections (I do have the PhMIC) and they are sound as far as I can tell from topside.

So I went for a drive with windows down and as boost builds you can just hear the pshhhhhhh of air just blasting out of something, it's a lot of air. I was thinking maybe CBV but that just dumps back into the intake and couldn't move that much air. So it's gotta be a hose I guess. Going to have to get under car. Ugh. :thumbdown:

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
Do you have the first gen PhMIC? If so, I'd check the plastic throttle body pipe. Like where the couple connects to it, and where it connects to the TB, if you removed it.

I keep blowing mine there.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Make sure it wasn't your CAP coupling.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
I'm ASSuming they mean the cold air piping. So all the piping on the driver's side of the IC, going into the throttle body/intake

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found it. Just a little too much fresh oil was the obvious clue. But it didn't come off the pipe, the coupling split along a seam. I couldn't find it until I pressed my finger through it.

So it was the 90° rubber coupling just before the plastic connection to the throttle body. It split along the inside of the bend where there is a seam.

Phuz, can you tell me what size I need?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had the same thing happen coming home from work one day last week.
I had changed the turbo hose from the intercooler to the charge pipe and evidentlly didn't get the clamp tight enough.
During acceleration it blew off and jolted the car so hard that I thought I'd been hit. Looked at the guages and nothing there.
Extreme lose of power. I was able to think quick and get over to the slow lane and get off the freeway. Took a look in the engine bay, noticed what happened and drove home rather slow.
Bout pee'd my pants and gave me a heart attack.
Tiz all fixed now and powered up to go.

Dadio61, In Issaquah,WA

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
now that its off i see its a 45 degree. 2.5 in ID.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts