SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received air vent gauge pod for my birthday and now I'm trying to get everything installed. I put the new air vent in and now I'm just getting the pod in. I watched the IPD video on youtube of the install process of their gauge pod so I think I'm going to use their tips for routing and hooking up the gauge tubing. The only thing I need to do now is to figure out where all of the wires need to be wired in it. I know where I'm going to put the grounding wire but other than that, I'm pretty out of my league. The only wiring I have ever done is plugging my phone charger into the wall.

I took pictures of everything to give some sort of idea what I'm working with. I have a prosport boost gauge and i took pictures of the instructions as well. I read a small thread on using "add-a-fuse" though i am not sure what is the best method of wiring to go for. Need some ideas and instructions, thanks.

ps-should I get more wire or something because im working with like 10 inches of wire? to tell you the truth I really have no idea how much i need...

pod

fuse box region

wiring instructions

gauge instructions

gauge

gauge wires

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
If its like the R, you have fuses below the steering column. Remove the lower panel, 2 T25 torx screws. Get a mini tap-a-fuse which can be found at most auto stores, make sure it's the mini because it's mini fuses down there. Find the fuse for auxiliary 12V socket. Remove this fuse, put in the tap-a-fuse in its place and plug the existing fuse into the tap-a-fuse (it will make sense, I promise). There is a wire coming from the fuse tap, connect your power from the boost gauge to this. Either solder or crimp, with solder being preferred. This will turn the gauge light on only when the car is on. PM me with any questions.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Youtube it. IPD made a pretty comprehensive and simple video on how to wire up boost gauges. Only differences is that yours is in the vent and theirs is on top the dash.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Any reason why you suggest the mini fuses tater than the regular fuses?
because the fuses down below are mini fuses...

you could also splice it into the 12 volt outlet in your climate control module, that's what I did on my 2008 2.5T and it worked like a charm. But I feel like a mini fuse tap would be easier...I just didn't want to drive an extra 15 minutes to pick one up.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
No I mean rather than connecting the wires to the normal fuses with a regular sized "add-a-fuse" or whatever it's called
Sent you a PM as well, but the normal fuses on the side stay on when the car is off. This is no good. Fuse tap is the easiest way IMO.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How do I remove the cover under the steering wheel to the fuse box? I undd the screws but idk how it pulls out and I don't want to break it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts