SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new boost gauge but the t fitting included is too small for the manifold vac line I'm using for my current boost gauge. Any other place with smaller inner diameter vac line I can tap in for a boost gauge? I thought I saw a while back people using one of the tcv lines.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Why not just go to the hardware store and get a bigger t-fitting? All the vac lines should be the same size through out the whole system.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I wondered this myself. I'm running a larger ID boost tube than most. I've been wondering if the larger diameter boost tube would affect boost gauge read out?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I wondered this myself. I'm running a larger ID boost tube than most. I've been wondering if the larger diameter boost tube would affect boost gauge read out?
No clue. I'm running the same ID silicone lines as the whole of the vacuum system. I would not run a different diameter line from smaller to larger that's why most boost gauges come with that tiny ass tubing lol I can see how it would skew psi readings for a boost gauge.

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the new gauge uses smaller T fitting to support the smaller inner diameter tubing which goes to the sensor.. and so If I use something with a larger ID then it wont fit tightly onto the sensor. :( I've gone to lowes to see if I can find and fittings that go from a bigger to a smaller size.. But they have some huge ones.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good point about different ID for the vac lines, was thinking of 'extending' the manifold vac tube rather than cutting it but I'm worried about using different ID tubes (I have some leftover ViVa silicone ones). :confused:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Different ID tubes won't affect gauge readout unless you get really small (like a pipette) or grossly huge (like a fire hose).

Just get it to fit well and you should be in business.

Sent from my rotor-dial phone with the help of Cortana.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Different ID tubes won't affect gauge readout unless you get really small (like a pipette) or grossly huge (like a fire hose).

Just get it to fit well and you should be in business.

Sent from my rotor-dial phone with the help of Cortana.
Gotcha! Thanks! :beer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts