SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of feedback from blot (thanks!), I finally got around to installing my boost gauge in an identical location to his and here are some pics:

Live Unit nestled behind the OBD2 port:

Boost Peak Warning set at 1.6 Bar:

It works great and is a perfect match for the R gauges!
http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

moddeR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Boost Gauge Installed (Grendel)

Quote, originally posted by Grendel »
Very cool - and it doesn't obstruct anything. I like the look. Have any night shots?

Thanks - no night shots yet but will work on it! The good news is that the gauge light isn't linked to the dimmer and it has practically an infinite range of brightness which is easy to adjust.

moddeR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (chinaonnitrous1)

Quote, originally posted by chinaonnitrous1 »
how hard was the install?

Relatively easy:

1. Add another "T" in the engine compartment (I already have one for the Aquamist).

2. Thread the very thin vacuum hose included in the kit through the firewall using your preferred method (alongside the shifter cables, alongside the hood release cable, or using the grommet above the clutch pedal) and attach to the "T" and the other end to the Live Unit.

3. Simple three wire hookup for the Live Unit - 12V switchable, ground and 12V constant.

4. Plug the gauge into the Live Unit and position as desired.

moddeR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »
Very nice!

I always wondered....is it strange to have a gauge that's 6" off of the focal plane of the normal gauges, but is in the same line of sight? Do your eyes hop back and forth?

From my position in the driver's seat, it is only a couple of inches off the plane with the factory gauges. I do not find myself inadvertently switching back and forth...

moddeR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.