SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I've seen somone on here install his boost gauge in the storage compartment beside his radio a few months back and I need to know how he routed the wires through the dash and fire wall, or if I will have to make my own hole... this is not an R, it's an 02 T5 but it should be done the same way, posted this in the V70 forum without much response...

help please!

the wires are just rolled up and sitting behind the gauge as of now...

original thread here:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=73756

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Re: Boost gauge and wideband installation (T5shortblock)

Getting wires through the firewall is not easy but I followed Scott Hart's suggestion (Scott from IPD) and managed to get it done.

Check this thread and look for my posting with picutres dated 2:53 PM 8-18-2006 http://forums.swedespeed.com/z...ge=11

Here's the most relevant pic:

Basically you need get access to a big plastic/rubber conduit that is under the cowel between the windshiled and engine bay. Do so by removing the driver's side wipe arm (remove the nut and then use a battery terminal puller to get the arm off the splined shaft, be sure to cover your hoor to prevent damage to the paint!). Then remove the 6 or so plastic clips and two or three metal clips that hold the cowel down. You should be able to push the cowel up enough to drill some holes and fish your wires through. Pull extra wires through for future use. Be sure to seel the holes well before you close it all up.

Good luck!

LTA

·
Registered
764 Posts
Re: (R_Rated)

Quote, originally posted by R_Rated »
I went through a rubber hole/gromet already there.

Same here...just to the left and up from the clutch pedal, right?

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Re: (s60rdood)

Quote, originally posted by s60rdood »

Same here...just to the left and up from the clutch pedal, right?
that is right

·
Registered
927 Posts
Re: (R_Rated)

I followed the hood release for my boost line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts