SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a focus rs mk 2, and firstly wanted to know which Volvo engine model was used for it and secondly after a tuning book based on this engine, I have seached and can find nothing :(
Any help appreciated....sorry if its an old subject

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
It is the same chassis and engine from the P1 Volvos (on the universal C1 platform which you are a part of).
You have the T5 engine from the 2004.5-2012 S40 and V50, 2006-2013 C70, and the 2007-2013 C30.
However, your car came standard with the K16 turbo, different cams, different injectors, etc. Our cars came with the K04 turbo stock, but many have upgraded to the K16.

When you say tuning book, are you referring a source for tunes, or a parts catalog, or something else?

For performance parts, I would suggest checking Elevate, Eurosport Tuning, and Viva Performance.
I would also suggest you check out C30Crew.com since that's where we have some more serious power builds with the K16 turbo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the same chassis and engine from the P1 Volvos (on the universal C1 platform which you are a part of).
You have the T5 engine from the 2004.5-2012 S40 and V50, 2006-2013 C70, and the 2007-2013 C30.
However, your car came standard with the K16 turbo, different cams, different injectors, etc. Our cars came with the K04 turbo stock, but many have upgraded to the K16.

When you say tuning book, are you referring a source for tunes, or a parts catalog, or something else?

For performance parts, I would suggest checking Elevate, Eurosport Tuning, and Viva Performance.
I would also suggest you check out C30Crew.com since that's where we have some more serious power builds with the K16 turbo.
Hi
I just mean a book based on the engine and how to tune it, just like to read about what I have , there nothing on the focus rs at all

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
I had a cool little article about the 5 pot engine, I'll have to see if I can find the link. Otherwise, there's not a whole lot of reading about our engines.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a cool little article about the 5 pot engine, I'll have to see if I can find the link. Otherwise, there's not a whole lot of reading about our engines.
Ok great thanks, its weird how theres seem to be nothing on such a tunable and fantastic sounding engine !

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts

If you want, PM me your e-mail address and I can send you the original image files. At least the fine print is legible on those.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts