SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advisory started showing up last week. Assuming it's because the car was shipped to the states around this time last year (purchased in October). Also assuming that it's for a yearly maintenance as I'm at 6200 miles? Anyone know how to reset, or do I need to take it in for yearly service (although less than 10k) to keep up with the warranty terms? Thanks,

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Advisory started showing up last week. Assuming it's because the car was shipped to the states around this time last year (purchased in October). Also assuming that it's for a yearly maintenance as I'm at 6200 miles? Anyone know how to reset, or do I need to take it in for yearly service (although less than 10k) to keep up with the warranty terms? Thanks,
It has to do with when the car was built from what I have seen on other threads. It has no effect on your warranty. Your dealer can reset it. The issue is that, it will not pop up at 10k when it is supposed to now, from what the other thread was saying. I will look for the other thread and update my post with a link.

Update: Try this thread, http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?227840-Getting-rid-of-quot-Book-time-for-Maintenance-quot-reminder&highlight=Book+Time+Maintenance

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
702 Posts
The general consensus seems to be to do the oil change since the oil is a year old (condensation). If you choose not to do the oil change and/or reset it, the book time message will eventually turn to Schedule Maintenance Required and you will get a Check Engine light. My dealer said that if you do the oil change (or not) and reset it you can reset it again at the 10k mark even if there is no message to get it back on the 10k odometer cycle.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Mine popped up as well. However, if you go through the menu on the left stalk, go under service. According to this readout, I still have 4 months, and 1875 mile to go before requiring the actual service. This makes sense considering I picked up the car in December, and I have 8100 miles on it. I called Volvo, and the service advisor explained that the message should change as it gets closer to the actual need for service. This is just to put it on your radar that a service interval is approaching soon.

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
702 Posts
Keep in mind that the service interval is actually 12 months or 10k miles. Unless the dealer did an oil change at delivery, it is due at 12 months from when the oil was put in the car.

Take that for what it is worth.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help! There shouldn't be any reason why a non Polestar dealer can perform the required oil change, right?Anything I need to look out for in terms of different oil used, etc?

·
Registered
401 Posts
#63 uses a non-polestar dealer , shop foreman does the work
All things polestar go beyond the book time

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I just had my 10k service completed. They found a lose front strut, ECU and TCU updates to install which actually made a difference in the shift patterns for the better. Unfortunately they forgot to deal with the the on call service that continues to pop up and for some reason my door locks do not alert on locking like they are set to, so it is going back next week. On the second trip I am asking for a tire rotation while they are there and stiffening the suspension by 25% for a track day coming up.

Where are people going in the San Mateo area for service? I was told that only a few dealerships have "polestar" service, but I am skeptical.

Current: #14 Rebel Blue V60 Polestar, 2011 Black Porsche Spyder, 1992 Burgundy Range Rover Classic

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Hello, I just had my 10k service completed. They found a lose front strut, ECU and TCU updates to install which actually made a difference in the shift patterns for the better. Unfortunately they forgot to deal with the the on call service that continues to pop up and for some reason my door locks do not alert on locking like they are set to, so it is going back next week. On the second trip I am asking for a tire rotation while they are there and stiffening the suspension by 25% for a track day coming up.

Where are people going in the San Mateo area for service? I was told that only a few dealerships have "polestar" service, but I am skeptical.
AutoNation Volvo San Jose is Polestar authorized. They have exceptional service. P50GT and I have our Polestars serviced there.

·
Registered
401 Posts

Current: #14 Rebel Blue V60 Polestar, 2011 Black Porsche Spyder, 1992 Burgundy Range Rover Classic
So cool you popped up PG 50 will be so excited he posted a picture of your car in front your house with the Boxster spyder on The driveway he fuzzed the license plates and the house number
--//

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

Welcome! As Rebelde mentioned, I caught a picture of your car months back as I was driving by and we have been trying to figure out who owns it. There are 3 P* Service Centers in the Bay Area: SF, Marin and AutoNation SJ. Only the P* dealers can work on the P* specific components. I bought my car from Marin and would not bring my car there for service if you paid me, they also own Palo Alto Volvo. As Opus007 mentioned, we both go to AutoNation SJ. They are the same distance as going up to SF and have great Service. Unfortunately their shop foreman, Mike just moved up to Bellevue, WA but the other shop Foreman is great too and reads this forum. Autonation gives out loaner Volvos and has given me exceptional service at all times and I am a very picky customer.

FYI, tire rotations cost $30 at SJ. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

In case you want to do the suspension adjustments yourself, here are the instructions, http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?225935-V60-S60-P*-Suspension-Adjustment-Instructions-w-Diagrams. The rear ones can be accessed by removing the luggage hooks in the hatch.

Pictures of rear adjustment can be found here: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?225761-Has-anyone-done-suspension-adjustments-on-their-V60-Polestars-yet/page4

·
Registered
401 Posts
Whoever found your strut loose
May be a good choice
having another OBD II scan
and an independent navigation download and radio download mayhelp clear up the ticky-tacky things
#63 has the shop foreman work on the car as all things polestar go over Booktime
The downloads are slow and painful
The map upgrade alone took about four hours

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome! As Rebelde mentioned, I caught a picture of your car months back as I was driving by and we have been trying to figure out who owns it. There are 3 P* Service Centers in the Bay Area: SF, Marin and AutoNation SJ. Only the P* dealers can work on the P* specific components. I bought my car from Marin and would not bring my car there for service if you paid me, they also own Palo Alto Volvo. As Opus007 mentioned, we both go to AutoNation SJ. They are the same distance as going up to SF and have great Service. Unfortunately their shop foreman, Mike just moved up to Bellevue, WA but the other shop Foreman is great too and reads this forum. Autonation gives out loaner Volvos and has given me exceptional service at all times and I am a very picky customer.
I just took my P* in to Autonation SJ for its 10K service. Great folks, super friendly, and knowledgeable. They even remembered another P* and are taking the initiative of tracking an issue with a heat shield rattle unique to these cars. I had taken my car to Palo Alto Volvo for some minor work, but I was scared off after the work was not done the first time and then took forever when I confronted them about it. Take the time and go to Autonation for service.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hello, I just had my 10k service completed. They found a lose front strut, ECU and TCU updates to install which actually made a difference in the shift patterns for the better.
Could you elaborate about this, please? I was not aware there were any problems with shift patterns. The last time I had this happen (on a previous non-Volvo), the ECU and TCU update neutered the sport aspects of the shifting in favour of a more traditional feel. In fact, the pre-neutered behaviour was a lot like the P* is now. They also made the sport mode and the regular mode much more similar to each other. The sport mode went from SPORT!!! to Sport!. I think the current P* shifting is extremely well programmed. Like almost too good to be true considering the hardware. Would love to hear what has changed and confirmation that there is a modification and it's not the usual placebo effect caused by an ECU/TCU reset that puts things back to factory normal before it learns the drivers habits and adapts. Also, I have a late 2015.5, so maybe mine already has an update?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I just took my P* in to Autonation SJ for its 10K service. Great folks, super friendly, and knowledgeable. They even remembered another P* and are taking the initiative of tracking an issue with a heat shield rattle unique to these cars. I had taken my car to Palo Alto Volvo for some minor work, but I was scared off after the work was not done the first time and then took forever when I confronted them about it. Take the time and go to Autonation for service.
They're great. It was the heat shield on my car that they had tightened on my 10k a few weeks ago. They know my car well as it has been there I think 6 times over the last 8 months for various things.

Could you elaborate about this, please? I was not aware there were any problems with shift patterns. The last time I had this happen (on a previous non-Volvo), the ECU and TCU update neutered the sport aspects of the shifting in favour of a more traditional feel. In fact, the pre-neutered behaviour was a lot like the P* is now. They also made the sport mode and the regular mode much more similar to each other. The sport mode went from SPORT!!! to Sport!. I think the current P* shifting is extremely well programmed. Like almost too good to be true considering the hardware. Would love to hear what has changed and confirmation that there is a modification and it's not the usual placebo effect caused by an ECU/TCU reset that puts things back to factory normal before it learns the drivers habits and adapts. Also, I have a late 2015.5, so maybe mine already has an update?
When I had my 10k they told me that Volvo doesn't specify what exactly are in the updates, just that each system is updated. I did notice a change in shifting after the update and I thought it was for the worse. Just felt a lot less smooth on downshifts. I have since felt like it has corrected itself, so I am led to believe it is what you were saying as more of a factory reset that any change in gearing/shifting behavior.

·
Registered
439 Posts
When I had my 10k they told me that Volvo doesn't specify what exactly are in the updates, just that each system is updated. I did notice a change in shifting after the update and I thought it was for the worse. Just felt a lot less smooth on downshifts. I have since felt like it has corrected itself, so I am led to believe it is what you were saying as more of a factory reset that any change in gearing/shifting behavior.
Better be. Or else it should have been detailed in the official thread. It says there that all updates are from Volvo, not Polestar. motoloft, do you agree?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts