SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! Question for the group:

I purchased a new 2012 XC60 RD about a month ago. When looking at the manufacturing plate, it appears as though the vehicle was made in July 2011 and the vehicle sat for about a year. Right after I took delivery (August 3, 2012) I noticed there was a slight shake that I could feel through the steering wheel. Service center confirmed and replaced the two front tires saying they were "out of round". This supports my feeling that it sat still for quite some time. Yesterday, when I went to start the car the "Book time for Maintenance" warning popped up. Since I have 1,750 miles, I figured it must be time-based, not mileage. The service center noted that the car has never been serviced and they are just going to reset the warning whenever I can stop by.

This concerns me a little bit since the oil is supposed to be changed every 7,500 miles or once a year. I'm fairly certain it was not changed prior to delivery. Should I press them to do an oil change? Will/should that count as my 7,500 mile service?

Thoughts/comments/advice appreciated!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi,

I bought my 2011 this past April (made March 2011), with 500 miles on it, so it also spent much of its first year on the lot. No tire problems for me tho, and I can't speak to whether the oil needs to be changed either.

But, my book time for service light also came on WAY too early (2400 miles). I brought the car in and they reset it. The one thing I wanted to mention is that they told me if you have your scheduled service more than 1500 miles outside the recommended mileage (so in this case before 6000 or after 9000 miles) it can void the warranty. If you do decide to press the issue on having the oil changed I would not consider it the 7500 mile service, and I would make sure that they don't either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts