SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 s60r gt. I'm wanting to get a little more torque out of this car. I'm also wanting to turn off the torque limit on the transmission.

I know im going to need a tune but didn't know what other bolt on parts are good for the car.

·
Registered
290 Posts
FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER FIRST! Then a bigger intake pipe, then downpipe.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the ipd boost kit since I had a leak in my oem tubes. But for the intercooler im in a toss up from front mount vs ipd version. I do drive this thing in the snow and since it low the front gets packed with snow. I dont want to hurt the intercooler.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Snow won't hurt your intercooler. Now hail I learned the hard way is a different story all together, made the big mistake of plowing through a hail storm which did a real bad number on my fins. Lucky for me I've gotten good at straitening out fins as the below before and after demonstrates . . .

Hail Damage:

After fin straightening . . .

·
Registered
290 Posts
I got the ipd boost kit since I had a leak in my oem tubes. But for the intercooler im in a toss up from front mount vs ipd version. I do drive this thing in the snow and since it low the front gets packed with snow. I dont want to hurt the intercooler.
Just did some reading up on this here http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?149580-Snow-on-Intercooler-...help-or-hurt-performance

It seems that as long as it is not completely packed it shouldn't be a problem. you would have more of a problem if the radiator was packed with snow than the inter cooler. An inter cooler is almost always suggested as a first performance mod because the stock setup is not the best for much power the R makes and creates a heat soaking problem!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Snow won't hurt your intercooler. Now hail I learned the hard way is a different story all together, made the big mistake of plowing through a hail storm which did a real bad number on my fins. Lucky for me I've gotten good at straitening out fins as the below before and after demonstrates . . .

Hail Damage:

After fin straightening . . .
Yep its a mission " Combing " the Fin's

It takes time and patience

Would have been AOK if the after picture was taken of the front side of the cooler and not the rear ? :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts