SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys:<BR> Back in the winter of 1999 I got in a fender bender on the freeway. Well, the body shop that fixed my car did a fairly admirable job accept for the headlamps. To make a long story short, the lights never seemed to align right now matter what I did. I drove around for two years with my jacked up lights because I was busy with college and assumed that the body shop wouldn't lie. <P>Just recently the Volvo dealer called for the headlamp switch recall where they discovered that both headlamps were broken. Luckily I still had the body shop invoice sheet stating that they replaced both headlights, they even included the part numbers for both parts. Being suspicous, I decided to check the part numbers with those on the headlamps. The lights on my car had different part numbers. The body shop never replaced my headlamps with new ones. What do you guys think I should do now? The car was finished in feb of 2000, about two years ago. Would I still be able to go back and complain to the body shop directly, or should I talk with my insurance company.<P>Thanks

·
Registered
408 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by volvos70turbo:<BR><B>Would I still be able to go back and complain to the body shop directly, or should I talk with my insurance company.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Did you like the job the body shop did? If you think they are reputable that I would go back to them. If you think they tried to rip you off by saying they replaced them but actually didn't and are just people that don't really care about your car, just about your money, than I would complian to the insurace company and have another body place work on it.<P>My car got in an accident and since they work on so many cars they looked over a couple minor things, but it wasn't perfect so I have been back many times. They probably hate seeing me pull in and tell them to fix it but, they said if anything wasn't done to my satisfaction they would fix it. <P>

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know how to check the part number on the headlamp unit? Is it printed or etched anywhere on the lamp?<BR>Thanks<BR>

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I dunno if this is correct, but if they dont fix it, I think the law(least where I am) has like a 9 month thing where you are suppose to have done it within 9months of the repair. At least go talk with the manager, see what he will do.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I think you are right. Is there any way to know if the headlamps on your car were originally on it when it was produced? I bought the s70 in Nov of 98. If I can prove that they never replaced the headlamps I may have a case.<BR>Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts