SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where a guy can find some front and rear lips around here??!!

Even Heico seems difficult to located and order, even though theyre rediculously expensive.

Any other options?

Also, are there any DIYs for removing the side skirts and the pieces which are located on the door above the skirts?

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Pieces on the door are held by two screws which you can see when you open the door right behind it
For side skirts you need to pull out the rubber molding strip, remove the screws in the wheel well, and remove the plastic tips on the bottom of the skirts( there is about 7-8 on each sideskirt) I broke mines when i was taking them out. Had to buy new set which was around $12 at the dealer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you search on ebay you can find the OEM volvo body kit from time to time.
I picked up mine for about 700.
You should also find other lip kits there

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Honestly, the answer to your question is No.

Dynamic trim is discontinued, but you may find a set for sale occasionally. I asked the guys at VoluParts about a lip, and they did say they could order one for about $300. Maybe ask them?
Elevate if you want a whole front bumper, rear trim looks nice.
Heico if you have a lot of money.
Individual doesn't exist.
There are some replicas of the dynamic trim, but I don't know of anyone who has recently ordered that. Search around for Duraflex or MS-R or something like that. (sorry, no links at the moment)

Of course there are 1 or 2 aftermarket options for the facelift S40s, as well as the R-design lip. But otherwise we're kind of screwed when it comes to body kits...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pieces on the door are held by two screws which you can see when you open the door right behind it
For side skirts you need to pull out the rubber molding strip, remove the screws in the wheel well, and remove the plastic tips on the bottom of the skirts( there is about 7-8 on each sideskirt) I broke mines when i was taking them out. Had to buy new set which was around $12 at the dealer.
Thanks for the help, im still in search of an actual DIY, but this advice will be a definite help!

If you search on ebay you can find the OEM volvo body kit from time to time.
I picked up mine for about 700.
You should also find other lip kits there
I havent been able to find any (or any quality kits) on US ebay or ebay.co.uk.. Hook a brother up with a link if you come by one!

Honestly, the answer to your question is No.

Dynamic trim is discontinued, but you may find a set for sale occasionally. I asked the guys at VoluParts about a lip, and they did say they could order one for about $300. Maybe ask them?
Elevate if you want a whole front bumper, rear trim looks nice.
Heico if you have a lot of money.
Individual doesn't exist.
There are some replicas of the dynamic trim, but I don't know of anyone who has recently ordered that. Search around for Duraflex or MS-R or something like that. (sorry, no links at the moment)

Of course there are 1 or 2 aftermarket options for the facelift S40s, as well as the R-design lip. But otherwise we're kind of screwed when it comes to body kits...
I didn't want to hear that answer Mike! Why are parts SO hard to find for these cars :mad:
Any links to the replica dynamic trim? Haven't been able to locate them as well
I am really just looking for a front and rear lip

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just go get one custom made! its the best way and unique..no one will have one the same as you. theres custom fabricators that allow you to choose lets say an M3 lip and fab it to fit on your car

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Just go get one custom made! its the best way and unique..no one will have one the same as you. theres custom fabricators that allow you to choose lets say an M3 lip and fab it to fit on your car
example? here in PA?

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
There's custom fabricators that allow you to choose lets say an M3 lip and fab it to fit on your car
That sounds like it could get really pricey though, and risky with getting something that matches the lines of our cars. Though, with as rare as OEM body kits are now, the pricing may be the same.

But +1 for custom!

·
Registered
174 Posts
i know of one close to where i used to live..PSI proformance..or i think R/T Tuning does it too but not positive..

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Both are right near my office. I have used r/t before for stuff. I will hit Vince up.

·
Registered
174 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts