SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys feel about a hood scoop/ racing stripe combo on a s60 r, Ive never seen one before so I took it upon my self to create the first.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Why did you buy such a nice vehicle if you were just going to throw vinyl on it and fake hood scoops? If the scoop works, that's a different story.

dougy's actually looks badass though. Any testing as to it's effectiveness yet?

Racing stripes are the backwards hats of cars.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why did you buy such a nice vehicle if you were just going to throw vinyl on it and fake hood scoops? If the scoop works, that's a different story.

dougy's actually looks badass though. Any testing as to it's effectiveness yet?

Racing stripes are the backwards hats of cars.
Yeah ik i get a lot of **** from it but i like the way it looks and everything so it works for me, im now that i finished the body of my car im starting to get into performance mods

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can hardly wait...lets see this " the first " aaaaand from FL. Lakewood Ranch :partywave:

Im digging it man beautiful car u got there

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone care too see pics? my paint job looks a little rough as well as the quality of the hood scoop but it still looks pretty good

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would love to do what you have done to your car, unfortunately I have no money but I wanna do so much

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can hardly wait...lets see this " the first " aaaaand from FL. Lakewood Ranch :partywave:

ive only seen like 3 S60R's in our area lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Did you cut a hole in your hood? Or is it just for looks?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you cut a hole in your hood? Or is it just for looks?
Well you see thats the thing, i would like to do that but i cant because i dont have a angle grinder, so right now its for looks, i was gonna angle it into the CAI but i dont really have the tools

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Oof. Your car man, whatever you want.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Well, it's your car and you can do what you want with it. But I don't like it. It looks like you spend exactly $18.99 at AutoZone. I'm also annoyed that your sport kit is missing the front winglets, one headlight wiper is askew and the poorly done matte stripe doesn't travel the length of the car, only the hood. It's not like Dougy spent nine hundred dollars on his scoop either.

At least it'll be easy to remove.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Well, it's your car and you can do what you want with it. But I don't like it. It looks like you spend exactly $18.99 at AutoZone. I'm also annoyed that your sport kit is missing the front winglets, one headlight wiper is askew and the poorly done matte stripe doesn't travel the length of the car, only the hood. It's not like Dougy spent nine hundred dollars on his scoop either.

At least it'll be easy to remove.
Exactly this. The racing stripe isn't centered either. It's not centered between the washer sprayers, and certainly not centered on the grille, and worst when you look how it's aligned to the lower intercooler opening. Funny talk about symmetry (elevate grilles, you can get for both sides) .

Anyway, i'll keep quiet now. I must stay un-biased! ;)

BTW, Jake, your caR is Magic Blue, not Pearlescent Purple as you wrote in your sig.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
The best body mods on any car look like they are part of the car and add to the cars looks and flow with the lines etc. As mentioned by others it is your car and you can do anything you want with it but that scoop looks like it was slapped on and I wouldn't be surprised if it flew off at speed at some point lol.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts