SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does anyone know different manufacturers for S60 Bodykits? I googled it and I can only find this one particular kit that seems to dominate the search. Was just wondering if there are other options. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
it depends of the year of the car...for me the OEM looks great.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is for pre-2005 S60. That was super helpful Matt thanks. If only I could figure out the monetary conversion rates for a few of those kits and where exactly to find them but Ill figure it out. I like the Evolve kit but Ive heard from other guys that they sag. This is for my main car and I dont want stuff falling off of it 6 months down the road.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Though I know it gets mixed reviews on here, I like the Bluepower kit. Are they supposed to fit well and not do all the sagging etc that the Evolve kit does? Also, looks like you cant order them in America so does anyone have an idea of what the "out the door" is on something like that after it gets shipped all the way to California? Thanks again

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Though I know it gets mixed reviews on here, I like the Bluepower kit. Are they supposed to fit well and not do all the sagging etc that the Evolve kit does? Also, looks like you cant order them in America so does anyone have an idea of what the "out the door" is on something like that after it gets shipped all the way to California? Thanks again
The Bluepower Kit looks way too Honda Civic to me. Different strokes for different folks. I just don't like to look like an extra car for Fast And The Furious.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For ease of obtainability and price, the Duraflex kit may be the best choice. Was just wondering if the fit and finish is good on them from anyone who has experience with that kit.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
We can offer the Duraflex kit. In our prior experience with this kit, it requires some preparation by a competent body shop, as the parts are all made of fiberglass. A shop who isn't used to working/modifying fiberglass will hate the kit, and you will need to spend several hours of labor with the shop for preparation.

The OEM Body Kit on the other hand, does cost more up front, but is made entirely of ABS polyurethane flexible plastic and will not require any preparation for painting, etc.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
We can offer the Duraflex kit. In our prior experience with this kit, it requires some preparation by a competent body shop, as the parts are all made of fiberglass. A shop who isn't used to working/modifying fiberglass will hate the kit, and you will need to spend several hours of labor with the shop for preparation.

The OEM Body Kit on the other hand, does cost more up front, but is made entirely of ABS polyurethane flexible plastic and will not require any preparation for painting, etc.
I'm going to go ahead and agree with you. Polyurethane is nice.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm, alright, that is all good to know since my cheap self was planning on doing it all in my garage..

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I bought the OEM Sport front lip off of Shigeta and did it in my garage. I just gave it a quick rough sand, cleaned the dust off and painted it and it came out pretty well. I'm no professional painter so there are some runs but not really all that noticeable unless you get right up on it. I also recommend the OEM sport kit

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
When it comes to these cars "cheap" isn't the best thing to have. I understand not wanting to spend a ton. But sadly with some things for these cars you have to open your wallet up quite alot.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
When it comes to these cars "cheap" isn't the best thing to have. I understand not wanting to spend a ton. But sadly with some things for these cars you have to open your wallet up quite alot.
You said it brotha!!!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
When it comes to these cars "cheap" isn't the best thing to have. I understand not wanting to spend a ton. But sadly with some things for these cars you have to open your wallet up quite a lot.
Own a Volvo - Open it up WIDE!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
lol

Moth - That's about all I ever see in my wallet (not just because I have a Volvo - but because I am married w/children)
I am because I have a girlfriend who is in college lol. No marriage or childrens for a little while (I hope).

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I am because I have a girlfriend who is in college lol. No marriage or childrens for a little while (I hope).
My advice is take your time - I didn't get married until I was 27 and the first child (who is now 18) didn't arrive until I was almost 29 - I have two other boys too 15 and 13.

(I hope) - dude Wrap it up - it is a heck of a lot cheaper than diapers, formula, cloths, baby furniture and that's just the beginning.... Have fun.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts