SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
got my front lip, sideskirts and rear diffusor painted for about 500CAD. I did the install myself except for the sideskirts. I suggest you install it yourself and of course you can ask me how to do it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (Vash13)

thanks for the info!
Sounds like you got a great deal, I can't install it myself since I am going with Evolve and due to the nature of the polyurethane it becomes an impossible task with out the right tools and experience.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Yeah the place I go to get all my paint and body work done looks soo shady, but they do the job well. Wow I can only see you spending a fortune on the bodykit. Matt can tell you all sorts of horror stories that comes with the Evolve bodykit. I will let him shine on the matter
. The kit itself is expensive and be prepared to spend a lot more on painting and installation because it's not going to fit perfectly like the OEM does.

Good luck and can't wait to see!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (Vash13)

yah I have heard the horror with Evolve but I really like how it looks so I guess thats what matters. But to be honest I think most of the problems are due to using shops with out polyurethane experience, the material is very flexible and I will take it to a very reputable shop even if it means paying top dollar to make sure it comes out perfect. And I got a good deal on the kit otherwise I would of painted my stock pieces lol.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Re: (mofolicious)

I paid $2000 USD to have my bodykit painted and installed. (Front, 2x Side, Rear, Spoiler)
The actual labor was around $3000, but the shop promised to not go over $2000 when they quoted me.
It's the Evolve kit, that's why it was expensive for the installation.

The Evolve site says the kit is made from polyurethane

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for chiming in biotek 2k is a lot but I must say your car looks amazing.

Yah the kit is polyurethane that is why it's a PIA but that is one of the best materials to use in terms of durability it should last as long as OEM, also it is much tougher than a lot of materials.

The reputable shops I have talked to will not give me a firm quote because they all say that with these type of kits they must be fitted to guarantee fitment by trimming before they are painted.

Modified by PasS40ion at 10:52 AM 5-19-2009

1 - 9 of 9 Posts