SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we GO!

I day I bought her:

First up was to black out grill and rear lettering and shave the rest of rear the emblems:

Then came some new shoes:

Next I picked up some yellow high beam bulbs and rear reflectors:

I didn't like the off-white bezel around the headlight housing so I painted them black:

I wasn't a fan of the hidden exhaust, so I decided to go with a C70 rear valance and Vibrant 3.5" tips:

After that I picked up a pair of the rear mini spoilers:

I wasn't feeling the headlights that much, so I fixed them:

Then I got bored and did the garage door seal mod:

That's all for now. I've got a few things left on the list for her, but I'm happy with the way that she's turned out so far. :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Is that valence bolt-on or does it require modification? Damn i need to do that front lip. Looking good blvd

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Good looking as usual! I love these "small" and discreet mods that all fit together. The black C70 ass, blacked out grill, black lip etc etc... It's all about the details! :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!!

Blake, the C70 valance isn't bolt on but it didn't require much modification. It's basically cut and paste. I also had to fab up three L type brackets out of aluminum stripping to mount the underside of the valance to the sheet metal behind the bumper.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks M!

I still need to install my passenger side front LCA. Next up is a drop (still haven't decided which route I'm gonna take) and adjustable control arms. I'm toying with the idea of getting the OEM load bars and a Thule or Yakima basket with a bike rail mounted to it. I see HIDs for the lows and fogs somewhere in the future too. :D

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
looks great blvd! looking forward to watching this progress....

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So my buddy has some OEM MazadaSpeed 3 springs laying around and I'm going to install them for sh*ts and giggles this weekend while changing out my front LCA. It has to be a lower height than our OEM springs, at least in the rear, right? I'll post up some pics for sure.

·
Super Moderator
15,117 Posts
Yes, it'll be lower than your OEM springs. Mostly because Mazdas weigh less so they springs will compress more with your big wagon butt.

That's why the Megan racing springs lower our cars more than the other lowering spring options specifically designed for P1s.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Yeah the front looks good but as you said, needz low in ze rear. To even it out a bit.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Nice!

BTW - where did you source the rear reflectors in the US? (Viva?)

My LH one is broken and Australian dealers charge a small fortune.
Volvo of Dallas can't order them for me...

·
Super Moderator
15,117 Posts
BTW - where did you source the rear reflectors in the US? (Viva?)

My LH one is broken and Australian dealers charge a small fortune.
Volvo of Dallas can't order them for me...
Daim sent them to me from Germany with other goodies, I then forwarded the package to blvd. ;)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Installed OEM MazdaSpeed 3 springs last night for free. It's kind of hard to tell from the pics, but the front and rear rear wheel gap are even now. It went from from over a fist gap in the rear to just over a two finger gap now.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

It's still not as low as I want it, but they will definitely hold me over until I purchase something new.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts