SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
In this particular C30, the button is blank. Should be fairly obvious right in the middle.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thanks. I don't have one.
MY 2008 C70 did NOT have Bluetooth as Standard Equipment, nor as part of any Option Package.

Bluetooth needed to be ordered as an Option. I ordered mine Overseas Delivery (Motorola). Factory had to wire the microphone near the overhead console by the rear view mirror. BT Control pad sits below the gearshift on the console.

I have a similar set-up on Mrs. T’s 2005 V50 T5 AWD. WA State is a mandatory “Hands Free” state.

Not sure if you want to go through the significant expense of installing ‘factory look’ Bluetooth on your C70. You might consider a Bluetooth Headset with (Extreme) Noise Cancelling for top down cruising...then again - I’ve decided that no phone call is worth diverting my attention from the pleasure of driving my C70 (top up or down).

I put my phone on Driving/Do Not Disturb mode.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MY 2008 C70 did NOT have Bluetooth as Standard Equipment, nor as part of any Option Package.

Bluetooth needed to be ordered as an Option. I ordered mine Overseas Delivery (Motorola). Factory had to wire the microphone near the overhead console by the rear view mirror. BT Control pad sits below the gearshift on the console.

I have a similar set-up on Mrs. T’s 2005 V50 T5 AWD. WA State is a mandatory “Hands Free” state.

Not sure if you want to go through the significant expense of installing ‘factory look’ Bluetooth on your C70. You might consider a Bluetooth Headset with (Extreme) Noise Cancelling for top down cruising...then again - I’ve decided that no phone call is worth diverting my attention from the pleasure of driving my C70 (top up or down).

I put my phone on Driving/Do Not Disturb mode.
Thanks for filling me in. I don't think it's worth the trouble. I should leave my cell home and enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
I haven't tried it out yet, but I got a BT FM adaptor for my 06 (because back in 06 we didn't even get an AUX port!!!) It was only a few bucks and I got it just to play my streaming music through an FM transmitter, but it has phone capabilities too. Generally I'd agree with the leaving your phone in your pocket and enjoying the ride, but it might be worth looking at.

I was reviewing the product guide and brochure and don't seen the hands free offered at all for 08. Was it just a port installed accessory? It does show standard on the 09... and I have what I think are the later versions (V4 for the order guide). Anyone have any insight to that?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I haven't tried it out yet, but I got a BT FM adaptor for my 06 (because back in 06 we didn't even get an AUX port!!!) It was only a few bucks and I got it just to play my streaming music through an FM transmitter, but it has phone capabilities too. Generally I'd agree with the leaving your phone in your pocket and enjoying the ride, but it might be worth looking at.

I was reviewing the product guide and brochure and don't seen the hands free offered at all for 08. Was it just a port installed accessory? It does show standard on the 09... and I have what I think are the later versions (V4 for the order guide). Anyone have any insight to that?
DFrantz - my 2008 C70 M66 was mislabelled as a GT on the OSD “as built” list. I ordered the optional Hands Free Bluetooth as an Accessory prior to delivery. FDC installed the Motorola Bluetooth kit prior to my pickup.

As I recall - Bluetooth was an accessory on the OSD Order Form I signed.

Can‘t speak to Bluetooth being installed as a “Port Installed Accessory”.

Reactions: DFrantz

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
I checked with some folks here at the dealer who have been here since then and they said it was a dealer/port installed accessory that mounted to the dash and sounds like what you're describing. Sounds interesting. Looks like you can find the individual part numbers yet and still order online at places, but it's a discontinued part so you might have trouble getting the whole kit or even getting individual parts from your local dealer (just look for em online).

31285548 - Mobile Phone Control Module (Blue). CONTROL UNIT - Genuine Volvo Part

1 - 10 of 10 Posts