SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have questions about Bluetooth feature in XC60. I have an Android phone if this matters.

1) Is it normal that it would take long time to synchronize the phone book between the XC60 and my phone?

Mine normally takes about 3-5 minutes and my phone book does contains a lot of entries.

2) I do use Bluetooth to make call inside the car and I also do streaming from my phone too.
I normally don't listen the songs in my phone but using an app of a foreign radio station so I can listen to those radio programs. They (I mean making calls and streaming from the phone) work fine so far.

Let's say I am using the app for streaming like I mentioned before. It is working fine.
A call comes in. I answer the call. Then, I hang up. The phone will start streaming the songs instead.
I have to manually stop the media player from my phone so that I can listen to the app again.
Basically, the song streaming will start whenever the phone call is ended.

Is there a way to change this behavior? I am not sure if this is caused by the Android phone or the
car bluetooth control?! (Is there any iPhone user seeing the same behavior too?!)
I don't want song streaming right after the call is ended. :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't use streaming from my Android phone but it does take several minutes before I can use my contacts to make a call. It is annoying but it is so much better than what I was doing a few years ago I have adapted.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for confirming that the phone book synchronization takes time.. :)

Now, I only need to know how to avoid the annoying streaming behavior after the call is ended... hmm..

·
Registered
16 Posts
The song streaming behavior you speak of is the phone, not the car.

I have a Galaxy Nexus with ICS... if I am using spotify and get a call, as soon as I hang up the call the song I was listening to will pick up at the exact spot where the call came in. I actually like that it does that...

I know it isn't the XC60 because I have experienced this when not even connected to any car at all.

So yeah... to restate... its Android, not Sensus, that does this... and I would say most would view it as a feature.

I would strongly assume that the iPhone does the same thing...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
About phone book synchronization, I think I am wrong before. It seems the phone book is not synchronized at all. It is only the call lists from my phone. :(

I will try unpair or pair again and see if this would fix the problem.

About streaming, it seems that there is no way to control the phone media (mp3) player from the car except manually pause it from the steering wheel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't know if it is still this way but when I got my 2011 delivered from OSD last July I couldn't get the phonebook on my Android phone to sync. I didn't realize but the car sent an inquiry to the phone that showed up in the notifications asking for access to the phone book. When I finally saw that and said ok everything worked perfectly. Since then there has been a Sensus update and probably one or more bluetooth updates so it may work differently now.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The song streaming behavior you speak of is the phone, not the car.

I have a Galaxy Nexus with ICS... if I am using spotify and get a call, as soon as I hang up the call the song I was listening to will pick up at the exact spot where the call came in. I actually like that it does that...

I know it isn't the XC60 because I have experienced this when not even connected to any car at all.

So yeah... to restate... its Android, not Sensus, that does this... and I would say most would view it as a feature.

I would strongly assume that the iPhone does the same thing...

I am using HTC/Android with ICS as well. I don't use spotify. Is it a media player or like Pandora radio?

About the phone book synchronization, if unchecked the option about downloading phone book to car memory from the phone setting menu before.
I checked it again this evening and the phone book could be synchronized again. I could see my whole phone book from the Sensus.

Is it necessary to download the phone book to car memory in order to synchronize the phone book properly? Hmm.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Spotify is like Pandora...except you can pick the specific songs/albums you want to listen to (just like having a massive iTunes library). It is free on your laptop/desktop with commercials...it's a paid service to have it on your phone and not have commercials on laptop/desktop...but I think they also have a free mobile Pandora-esque service...

Either way... the song streaming resume after call termination feature you are talking about is an operating system issue, not an app or Volvo issue.

Can't help you with the phonebook stuff... my wife has only let me drive the new XC60 once and even then she kept her phone connected...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts