SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
‘08 C30 with dealer installed bluetooth when we bought it certified used in late ‘08. Worked great for a few years but about 5 years ago we lost ability to turn the volume up for phone calls. People can hear us but we barely hear them, with no ability to turn up the volume. Been told at the dealer everything from the module being water damaged but no parts a available to our phones just being “too smart”. Car had typical sunroof A pillar drain issue so the interior has been wet.

Of course I was prepared to ignore this when it was the wife’s car but now that its my commuter, I am motivated to fix this. Phones pair and all other functions seem to work except volume control.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This probably won't be of much help to you...

I had an issue similar once - where I'd have to increase the volume on the vehicle to near max when using bluetooth to talk on a phone call...Turned out that my actual phone had a different volume output setting for when it was connected to bluetooth -- so turning the volume up on my phone while talking through that bluetooth connection fixed the issue for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had this issue as well and found it was my phone/cable issue. I have an Iphone and still have this issue however when I plugged in a Samsung I found it worked like it should.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TheDeep - thanks, thats a good tip but I have already tried that with no improvement.
LenniXox - what year is your car? I am not aware of any way to connect to my phone to my car other than wireless (Bluetooth).

·
Registered
27 Posts
TheDeep - thanks, thats a good tip but I have already tried that with no improvement.
LenniXox - what year is your car? I am not aware of any way to connect to my phone to my car other than wireless (Bluetooth).
It is a 2011.

In my stock settings they had a option for phone pairing, but my iPhone hates it. Even when I use the USB cable its like it prefers the platform of a Samsung better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts