SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone explain how to control music playback via Bluetooth (from an iPhone)?

I know how to select it... But then I'm lost for start stop and search. All I seem to be able to do is 'next track' via the steering wheel FF button.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
No search via the Sensus system as far as I know. You'll have to hook up to USB for that.

Next track and previous track are essentially all the control you get with Bluetooth. You press the mute button to pause (speaker with an / through it).

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

weird thing is that USB playback doesn't work (or stops) apparently because it sees the iPhone on Bluetooth

that make any sense?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an iPod touch permanently connected via USB and an iPhone connected through Bluetooth for telephone calls. Pair work fine together. Once got stuck in a song menu on USB and occasionally get a connect iPod message when it is still connected to USB, but a quick un-plug/plug usually sorts ths issue.
iPod touch is in range of my wifi signal when I'm home, meaning whenever I purchase a song through iTunes, it magically appears on my touch without me having to sync anything. A brilliant result in my eyes!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
thanks

weird thing is that USB playback doesn't work (or stops) apparently because it sees the iPhone on Bluetooth

that make any sense?
Yes, mine does the same thing. Apparently there's a software update that should fix this. More info here.
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?169909-Did-my-dealer-screw-up-my-Sensus-update

Mention your problem, not this software update, at your next dealer visit. Apparently, "Give me any software updates" does not compute with Volvo dealers. You have to complain about a problem to get updates.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, I couldn't get the bluetooth music interface to work either. I selected my Droid Razr, it showed the last song I played using Google Music, but I don't see/can't figure out how to play the song. I figured maybe it was an Android compatibility issue or something. My 80GB iPod classic does work flawlessly with the car though via USB, so I'm not too stuck on this bluetooth issue.

JQ

·
Registered
13 Posts
thanks

that make any sense?
Mine does this too sometimes. When connected via USB and Bluetooth, you need to instruct the phone on which to use. Mine defaults to BT. The USB controlled screen should have a white background. At the very bottom it will show which "output" is selected. Touch those words and select "Dock Connector" and it will play via USB.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine does this too sometimes. When connected via USB and Bluetooth, you need to instruct the phone on which to use. Mine defaults to BT. The USB controlled screen should have a white background. At the very bottom it will show which "output" is selected. Touch those words and select "Dock Connector" and it will play via USB.
good tip... and it works for a few minutes, but then switches itself back to bluetooth.
I guess this means I need a Sensus update?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
good tip... and it works for a few minutes, but then switches itself back to bluetooth.
I guess this means I need a Sensus update?
Yes you do. Ask for software download part #360004.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Thanks!

But it does make me wonder what else I haven't discovered yet that needs updating...
Shouldn't they just have a 'latest version' they automatically update everyone to??
Not all systems need this upgrade/patch.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Yannis, my Dyer and Dyer guys showed me the software screens in their computer and they say the 36004 is just a labor code, not an actual software update. They let me visit the shop and poked around for an audio update/upgrade and now are in the process of installing it. Very large indeed.
Also, where do you find the 0993 vs 09F5 version I've seen referred to in previous threads?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yannis, my Dyer and Dyer guys showed me the software screens in their computer and they say the 36004 is just a labor code, not an actual software update. They let me visit the shop and poked around for an audio update/upgrade and now are in the process of installing it. Very large indeed.
Also, where do you find the 0993 vs 09F5 version I've seen referred to in previous threads?
It's in MY CAR -> Settings -> Information -> Map and Software version

So what is the part number for this update? I'm going in tomorrow for my 15k and don't want to have to return again with the additional information.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
So now my dealer is saying no update available again. Is this the software part number or just the labor part number mentioned by another member?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
So now my dealer is saying no update available again. Is this the software part number or just the labor part number mentioned by another member?
Labor part number. Either way, they should be well aware of this update...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Well, they are not aware, as usual. I pick up my car up this evening without this update which means yet another trip back to the dealer. Without a software update part number or TSB I don't know what else I can do, I guess just use the bluetooth interface and forget about the ipod dock :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Well, they are not aware, as usual. I pick up my car up this evening without this update which means yet another trip back to the dealer. Without a software update part number or TSB I don't know what else I can do, I guess just use the bluetooth interface and forget about the ipod dock :facepalm:
Just give up... That's what I did. I told them that I can't get some music playing via USB as well because it's Jap/Korean/Chinese, and they claimed no Sensus updates when I asked for it.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Tell them to take a look at Technical Journal 25478 and/or 25640.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Thanks Yannis, wish I had this info yesterday. I'll offer these TJ's at my next service interval. I appreciate the info!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts