SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had bluetooth problems since the purchase of our S60. My wife and I have identical android phones HTC Inspire 4G. We had intermittent problems where the bluetooth would cut out and disconnect other caller and then bluetooth could not be used until the car was turned off and back on.

We went in for our 7500 mile service about a week ago and they updated a myriad of software problems we have had from transmission shifting to sirius hangups, to ipod hangups when phone is also connected.

The problem we have now is again with bluetooth. Sometimes when we dial we get connected but the other person cannot hear us and we cannot hear them. There is no sound at all. Can't even hear the phone dialing but it does show on the screen when the phone call is connected. When it rarely does work through the speaker (only twice in the past week) and we hear the phone call once we are connected usually the phone call gets disconnected within 15-20 seconds of speaking to the other person.

Ideas???? The bluetooth version in our car is 5.00.17S

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Sorry....no bluetooth problems here. I have an Iphone 4S and it is doing well.......so far!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I updated my phone today to the most up to date software. It had bluetooth 2.2 on it. It now has 3.0. I deleted the phone and paired it again after the update. First, it would not even let me dial. I have had that problem before when scrolling to a number and then clicking OK to dial and nothing would happen. I turned the car off and then back on and it worked twice. I was able to call twice without any problems. I will see how it does for the next few days. I'll let everyone know if I have any other problems. Curious if anyone else has the HTC Inspire 4G through ATT and if they are having intermittent problems.

Thanks!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Bluetooth manufacturers are always chasing each other with software updates for compatibility. Not all phones will work 100% with certain Bluetooth systems. It's just the way that it is ! Glad to hear that yours is working for now.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
What version of Android software (OS name) are you running? I know that a lot of phones that run anything less than 4.0 OS have WiFi/Bluetooth issues with their firmware. My brother had problems with his Samsung Galaxy SII connecting to his new Sonata and Jeep, but when he got the SIII he hasn't had any issues.

I'm using a Nokia Lumia 900 and my wife is using a iPhone 4S and we don't have any issues with the Bluetooth. My brother had some issues with his iPhone 4S when he first got his '12 S60, but Sensus 3.0 cleaned up all his problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have had bluetooth problems since the purchase of our S60. My wife and I have identical android phones HTC Inspire 4G. We had intermittent problems where the bluetooth would cut out and disconnect other caller and then bluetooth could not be used until the car was turned off and back on.

We went in for our 7500 mile service about a week ago and they updated a myriad of software problems we have had from transmission shifting to sirius hangups, to ipod hangups when phone is also connected.

The problem we have now is again with bluetooth. Sometimes when we dial we get connected but the other person cannot hear us and we cannot hear them. There is no sound at all. Can't even hear the phone dialing but it does show on the screen when the phone call is connected. When it rarely does work through the speaker (only twice in the past week) and we hear the phone call once we are connected usually the phone call gets disconnected within 15-20 seconds of speaking to the other person.

Ideas???? The bluetooth version in our car is 5.00.17S
Not sure if you managed to find a solution to this issue but I thought I would add my own experience to the mix. I had a similar issue with my mobile in my 2012 S60-R, using Bluetooth on my Samsung GS 3. In my case, the bluetooth connection would work sporadically - I could dial or answer a call but it would often cut out or disconnect the call randomly. The strange part was, that after disconnecting a call, the bluetooth would completely refuse to work any longer. I would have to literally restart the car in order to use bluetooth AT ALL, any more.

After much playing / experimenting, I found out that it was because I had been using a mobile holder clip that attaches to the air vent (because there is NO good place for a mobile in the S60...). I had the holder mounted to the center air vent and, apparently, the bluetooth radios in the phone and car were too close so it was causing all kinds of strange radio interference resulting in bluetooth being non-functional. As soon as I moved my holder to the other air vent (left of steering wheel) the problem completely went away and now things work perfectly!

Not sure if that will help, but it was certainly a very strange issue and lucked into a resolution!

Cheers,

Colin

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
After much playing / experimenting, I found out that it was because I had been using a mobile holder clip that attaches to the air vent (because there is NO good place for a mobile in the S60...). I had the holder mounted to the center air vent and, apparently, the bluetooth radios in the phone and car were too close so it was causing all kinds of strange radio interference resulting in bluetooth being non-functional. As soon as I moved my holder to the other air vent (left of steering wheel) the problem completely went away and now things work perfectly!

Not sure if that will help, but it was certainly a very strange issue and lucked into a resolution!

Cheers,

Colin
I either leave the phone on my belt or end up throwing it into the center console (usually when I'm charging via USB). I have a plain old Java-OS phone (Samsung Impression) because I'm too tough on phones to pay $hundreds for one. I've had zero Bluetooth problems.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is still driving me crazy! The bluetooth rarely seems to work with my Inspire 4G. Everything is up to date on the Inspire 4G and in the Volvo. The Inspire 4G works perfectly in my wife's Mazda CX-9. Most of the time when I make a call, you will not hear the phone ringing, but it shows that I am connected on the screen (cannot hear anyone). If I switch on my phone to use the phone instead of bluetooth it works fine. When I do this and my call is over the Volvo does not like it and the radio will not come back on until I hit the phone button on the keypad and then back to the radio.

I am going to have to connect someone else's phone to the Volvo and see. My wife and I have the same phone and neither of them work with the Volvo. The problem is much worse after the Volvo went in for the 7500 mile service and the updates were done. However, it only worked about 50% of the time.

Maybe someone on this forum uses the Inspire 4G and can tell me if they are successful on their S60.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I like your idea to find a friend with a different phone to see if it connects easier / more reliably. Connection to my iPhone 4S was so easy I cannot even recall what I did..and that was just two weeks ago. Sounds like a compatability issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bluetooth interference

Not sure if you managed to find a solution to this issue but I thought I would add my own experience to the mix. I had a similar issue with my mobile in my 2012 S60-R, using Bluetooth on my Samsung GS 3. In my case, the bluetooth connection would work sporadically - I could dial or answer a call but it would often cut out or disconnect the call randomly. The strange part was, that after disconnecting a call, the bluetooth would completely refuse to work any longer. I would have to literally restart the car in order to use bluetooth AT ALL, any more.

Cheers,

Colin
I know its an very old thread BUT I have recently bought an V70 -2011, added an air vent cellular holder. Intermittently the connection will lock in the car.
Due to your great information, I tried many times now, to connect holding the phone in my left hand, whereafter I can pace it in the holder.
Have never experienced any problems since.
Thanks once again for sharing this information.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts