SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two variables I'm trying to troubleshoot. I had an iPhone 6 on iOS 8 with no BT issues. I now have a 6s+ with iOS 9 and I'm having choppy BT. The other party to the call does not experience this. Seems to be only what I hear.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
iPhone 6 Plus running iOS9 with zero issues.

Maybe try: Settings->General->Reset->Reset All Settings (don't worry you aren't going to blow away any of your data on your phone)

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
There are two variables I'm trying to troubleshoot. I had an iPhone 6 on iOS 8 with no BT issues. I now have a 6s+ with iOS 9 and I'm having choppy BT. The other party to the call does not experience this. Seems to be only what I hear.

Anyone else?
I have BT issues with IOS9 and an iPhone 6 in my Traverse. Sometime when I call someone they cannot hear me, and sometimes the BT does not connect. I havent figured out a solution, but there was an update recently that I hope fixes it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have BT issues with IOS9 and an iPhone 6 in my Traverse. Sometime when I call someone they cannot hear me, and sometimes the BT does not connect. I havent figured out a solution, but there was an update recently that I hope fixes it.
I should clarify that I'm on iOS 9.0.2 or whatever the latest is.

Will do the reset and try again on my commute home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I should clarify that I'm on iOS 9.0.2 or whatever the latest is.

Will do the reset and try again on my commute home.

Yup that is the same version that I am running on my 6 Plus. All else fails, usually a full restore or restore as new should clear up any issues; annoying but sometimes it's the only thing that can done.

·
Registered
173 Posts
iOS9 has forced me to reset my network 2 times in as many weeks already so you aren't alone on issues. And now I've started to lose audio with BT when playing Pandora.

Also does anyone know why if I turn off the car and get out but leave my phone in and connected the audio cuts out when I get back and turn the car back on? It's intermittent too which pisses me off.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Anyone else?
I'm having exactly the same problem, but I only notice it with streaming audio, not phone calls. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

B

Update: I should mention I'm in a 2015 XC60, but couldn't find anyone else talking about this issue in those forums.

·
Registered
745 Posts
No issues with either of our 6S's running 9.0.2

·
Registered
153 Posts
No issues with either of our 6S's running 9.0.2
I have a Galaxy S6 Active and in the past week or two I noticed a similar issue. Has only been related to streaming audio in my case, though on a few occasions the phone has completely disconnected and need to be reconnected by the car menu. Went home and checked w/ a Bluetooth speaker off of the cell network (not home wifi) and streaming quality was good/normal. In the car both Pandora and Stitcher running from my phone (not the Sensus apps) had major connectivity/quality issues with lots of intermittent breaks. Haven't tried to stream from either in the past few days but will try to do so again.

I wonder whether there have been any OTA updates that might have impacted some of us running certain phones. Haven't yet tried with a different phone, but if I continue to have issues I'll swap my SIM to my Lumia 1520 & Sony Z1s to see whether it impacts them as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Driving home last night I tried both Stitcher and Pandora on my S6 and both had issues with streaming. After getting home I swapped sim cards with my Lumia 1520 and streaming worked fine with a podcast app and Pandora. In my case it seems to be something with my S6 specifically. I did have one odd issue w/ Pandora on the 1520 one time (a muting issue), but since I'm running the beta version of Windows Phone 10 I'm attributing that to a phone issue and not anything to do w/ the moose.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I a "reset all content and settings" and it fixed this and a number of other issues.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I a "reset all content and settings" and it fixed this and a number of other issues.

Glad to hear!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have an iPhone 6+ running os8... It connects to Bluetooth but sometimes when. A call comes in it won't take the call in Bluetooth. Lol. Oh well. Just saying it's not just os9

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought I'd check back in since updating to iOS 9.1 this week. It appears this issue is fixed for me now. Curious if other iPhone users have also seen this resolved.

Previously, I tried everything that was suggested (reset all settings, etc) to no avail. But that being said, thanks for your help everybody!

B

1 - 14 of 14 Posts