SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the going rates for having the Volvo Bluetooth installed? I did a search but didn't find anything very recent. My dealer asked me $489 for the Bluetooth equipment, including install, and that was for each car, no discount for doing two.

Modified by C130 at 7:44 AM 3-15-2006

Modified by C130 at 7:45 AM 3-15-2006

·
Registered
824 Posts
Re: Bluetooth Install Pricing? (C130)

That is just BS! I had this last year installed far better than any I've seen by my stereo shop for 125 dollars. There is NO magic to this install.
Do a search of my name to find pictures.

Don't do it.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: Bluetooth Install Pricing? (ForceReconTrojan)

I paid $425 @ my dealer. Your "words" are a bit misleading - you mean the price of the bluetooth equipment plus it's installation, right? Total price of $489 is a tad high, IMO.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Re: Bluetooth Install Pricing? (C130)

I paid $420 total (dealer installed); that includes parts, labor, and tax. I had the dealer move the Bluetooth controller to a better location after the installation. They originally put the controller behind and to the right of the steering wheel, where it was completely hidden from view. Just as Volvo shows in their color brochures for the Bluetooth unit. No charge for this adjustment. They did have to pull out the radio again to reroute the wire. I'm very happy with the unit. Now I can steer, shift gears, and have a phone conversation simultaneously. Well, that's when my brain is up to those tasks.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I corrected my wording as this included the equipment costs plus install. I guess my wording was confusing but I thought this was a little too high, especially considering I bought the vehicle from them and several aftermarket items for my wifes XC90.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: (C130)

Sounds like they are grabbing an extra hour of labor out of you in the charge. Considering that you are a loyal customer, tell them that 2 (and I bet much more) folks are being charged in the low 4's for the complete install from this board...see what happens!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I just went to pick up my wifes XC90 after getting the "check engine" light problem solved, but actually they couldn't find anything causing it but that's another story, and they magically reduced their price to $428.00 plus tax after I complained about the price. My dealer has been very nice but the game playing kinda gets old but I guess they are just trying to get every dollar they can. I also found out they don't do any aftermarket modifications whatsoever which is kinda a bummer.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

$428.00 is the best you're going to get @ dealer, IMO. At least they dropped down to a fair price, it seems. Maybe they're lurking on this board?

·
Registered
418 Posts

Glad to hear they reduced the price for you. That's more like it. Hope you enjoy the Bluetooth. I works very well for me, with good sound clarity with my Motorola E815 phone.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Re: (MAC1LSR)

DON'T BUY IT!!! The Volvo Bluetooth option is nothing more than an overpriced Motorola interface that you can find much cheaper aftermarket, or even on eBay (it really is the same exact unit). Another option is a line from a company named Parrot that is a little compelling. Parrot makes a low-profile model that I find more attractive than the Volvo/Motorola unit and they also have fancier models with text displays, voice dialing, the works. Or if you really want to go nuts, you can have a small LCD showing you a photo of who is calling. I am ordering a Parrot with the text display to install in our Honda Pilot (the guinnea pig of our garage). The deal closer was the blue backlighting to compliment the R's guages.

Here's a link to the Parrot website...
http://www.parrot.biz

Volvo Interface Kit:
http://www.parrot.biz/support/...o.pdf

- Tryg

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Re: (RainyS60R)

The software is different, when the phone connects, your cell will say "Volvo For Life". http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Worth every penny for the Volvo kit...

Tim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts