SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week the Bluetooth is dead? No light or response. Not sure where I should start trouble shooting.

2010 xc90 3.2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
621 Posts
No lights no response? Start by trouble shooting the power supply. A wiring diagram helps a lot here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No lights no response? Start by trouble shooting the power supply. A wiring diagram helps a lot here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I found the IHF1000 Motorola guide that shows some diagrams. Is there anything Volvo specific? I’ll start from here, thanks!

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Control button assembly shape oval or rectangular?

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
If this is a legit Motorola aftermarket installation with the proper harnesses, you'll want to check some connections. Power connector to the control unit is under the driver side dash, up above the brake pedal. Connector is 54/112 I believe if you look up a wiring diagram:

pin1=12V- violet/white stripe wire, 10A fuse 9 on the side of the dash (11C/9)
pin2=12V extended D- solid violet wire, 10A fuse 5 under dash in the CEM block (A3)
pin3=unused
pin4=Gnd- black wire

Cable harness from the under dash connector to the control unit also has a fuse installed in-line (no idea size or function), should check that as well. Might walk through all this, see how far you get. Push comes to shove and you get stuck, contact forum member khnitz, he knows this system quite well and should be able to assist. He may still have some spares for sale.

Bluetooth link not specific to your issue - https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?250217-Bluetooth-not-working

Good luck

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If this is a legit Motorola aftermarket installation with the proper harnesses, you'll want to check some connections. Power connector to the control unit is under the driver side dash, up above the brake pedal. Connector is 54/112 I believe if you look up a wiring diagram:

pin1=12V- violet/white stripe wire, 10A fuse 9 on the side of the dash (11C/9)
pin2=12V extended D- solid violet wire, 10A fuse 5 under dash in the CEM block (A3)
pin3=unused
pin4=Gnd- black wire

Cable harness from the under dash connector to the control unit also has a fuse installed in-line (no idea size or function), should check that as well. Might walk through all this, see how far you get. Push comes to shove and you get stuck, contact forum member khnitz, he knows this system quite well and should be able to assist. He may still have some spares for sale.

Bluetooth link not specific to your issue - https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?250217-Bluetooth-not-working

Good luck
Thanks for the tips. Fuses look good including the wiring. I’ll keep troubleshooting.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While checking the fuses and connection my usb started to recognize my phone again. Maybe a coincidence.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts