SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experiencing poor sound quality / call quality via bluetooth in their 2014+ XC60?

Occasionally I'll start a call on my phone and have good audio, then when I switch to bluetooth I immediately notice an extra level of distortion.

When making calls via bluetooth from the start the distortion is very obvious, especially when the line is ringing before the call connects. The "trilling/ringing" is always very garbled, and sound quality gets only marginally better when the call connects.

I've tried forgetting/re-pairing the bluetooth on the phone and it didn't help.

Is it just a sub par system? Something I'm doing wrong? Is it an iPhone issue?

Definitely ready for a new phone, so if folks are getting better connection with something else I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
So far no issues with sound quality from my wife's iPhone 6 or my iPhone 6 Plus in our 2016 XC60 using Bluetooth or USB cable. Did you check the EQ settings on your phone? Settings->Music->There is a section titled Playback with EQ/Volume Limit/Sound Check.....I have EQ set to Treble Booster, Volume Limit set to MAX (which shows Off since the limit is at the highest setting) and Sound Check Off. You also could take the XC60 to the dealer and ask them to load the latest BT firmware and see if that helps. I used to own a Nokia Lumia 920 and had zero BT quality issues in both my 2012 S60RD and now 2015 V60RD.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I use my iphone 5 very little in the car but my wife uses her iphone 6+ all the time. Calls from her phone, whether originated or answered, are clear with no recognizable distortion. I don't think she's ever transferred mid-call to bluetooth though. I'm often the person calling/receiving her while shes in the car, and sound quality on my end is also nice.

If I remember I'll try using my phone in the car to compare.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Our XC60 2015MY has 0 issues that we know of with making/receiving phone calls and possible distortion. I also have a iPhone 5.

I have initiated calls from both the blue tooth and the phone no issues.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I've got an appointment in two weeks for my polestar chip (woohoo!) will ask them for the latest BT firmware at the same time.

I updated my phone EQ settings too...will report back if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I've got an appointment in two weeks for my polestar chip (woohoo!) will ask them for the latest BT firmware at the same time.

I updated my phone EQ settings too...will report back if that makes any difference.
Best of Luck! And congrats on deciding to get the Polestar tune!

·
Registered
745 Posts

You'll love the extra punch that polestar provides!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts