SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I realize the frustration of connecting a Bluetooth compatible device as in my case without an AUX input. I have tried GROM MOST4 and did not like it at all. Has anyone tries this?

https://www.dension.com/automotive/products/car-multimedia-solutions/compact-bt

It says you can connect via an FM frequency OR an AUX input.

I already tried GROM MOST4, did not like the interface. I am aware of Dension's Gateway 500 system.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Hi you can find my simple solution to made Aux using only 1 single stereo audio cable and one jack.

Try to find post. Aux installation xc90 or will try to find it for you.

All what you need to do up to 2007 xc90 is to sold L and R and ground of audio cable on radio module in the roof bring it to main middle console and plug some of your mp3 player ect.

Using AM radio channel.
Of course Mobile phone also you can use audio voice control.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx HK, I have read your solution in the past, appreciate the work you put in. I was wondering how well does any or (Dension's Comp. BT) Bluetooth work with your smartphone, especially calls!

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Dension looks interesting enough, suspect it works as well as the other FM transmitters that are for sale. Keep in mind that the radio antenna is way in the back by the lift-gate (as noted n HongKong's thread) if you go the FM translator route.

The OE BT accessory is a Motorola IHF1000 or IHF1500 kit with a harness and/or an adapter for the amp under pass seat (as applicable). You can find these available as used (I have a write-up somewhere on the forum with PNs) and with a proper harness and adapter, it's a complete plug/play (new adhesive mounting pads for button and mic probably required, although you can find these parts as "new old stock" from time to time) but does not include aux. Other BT adapter manufacturers (like Parrot) can be installed with a few cable mods, info is in this site or on another Volvo centric site, some units include aux capability. I have an OE BT unit for phone and the AM radio for aux in my '05. For the '08 it's just the OE BT (found parts to make up a kit) since aux is already included in the head unit for this MY.

Couple folks have replaced the entire head unit with aftermarket that includes BT capability for phone and music, threads will be somewhere in this forum.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Maybe do a forum search (upper right drop-down in the main forum window) for "parrot mki9100" and an internet search for "parrot mki9100 volvo xc90", see what comes back. The YouTube videos seem to suggest it's a relatively straight forward installation. I'm not sure which harness is for which MY and audio system, someone on this forum can probably provide insight. If I read the product information correctly, the unit includes USB as well as line in capability. Another option to throw on the pile...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts