SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 T5 S60. From what I've read, Sensus supports audio streaming via bluetooth.

I have a 64 GB iPod Touch (3rd gen) which has bluetooth as well as a Motorola Xoom (andriod device) which has bluetooth. I can not get either of these to pair with Sensus. I attemped to pair them via the Bluetooth menu in the Audio section (meaning not the phone section).

I've searched these forums and I see lots of people doing this with their iPhones. Should this also work with a straight iPod touch? What about my Xoom?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I have a 2012 T5 S60. From what I've read, Sensus supports audio streaming via bluetooth.

I have a 64 GB iPod Touch (3rd gen) which has bluetooth as well as a Motorola Xoom (andriod device) which has bluetooth. I can not get either of these to pair with Sensus. I attemped to pair them via the Bluetooth menu in the Audio section (meaning not the phone section).

I've searched these forums and I see lots of people doing this with their iPhones. Should this also work with a straight iPod touch? What about my Xoom?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
You have to connect bluetooth devices through the Telephone Menu.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This may be a coincidence, but the magic seems to be I had to lay the device on the passenger seat for it to be seen. I got both my Xoom and iPod touch to connect via Bluetooth in the media menu. Pretty cool that with the iPod that track info is displayed. I'll have to play wit it a bit to see if I can discern a significant difference in sound quality. I currently us an old 80 gb iPod connected to the usb port.

So for anybody else searching, yes,both devices will pair and stream via Bluetooth and sensus.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Works fine for me. What's the problem exactly? Bad signal? Cus I can connect my phone to the car while it's like.... I'm not quite sure actually. But the rear passengers can connect it as well...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure - it may have been a bad signal. What happened was I tried to connect my Xoom and it just wouldn't work. So I left it on the passenger seat while I drove home from work. When I got in the house, I saw "My Volvo" the the list of bluetooth devices on my Xoom. So I went back out to the garage and found it worked. After that, I grabbed my iPod touch and repeated the process. It wouldn't connect. I placed it on the passenger seat and voila - it connected. Is it some sort of safety thing where they don't want the driver trying to connect devices while driving? In a minivan we had, the wireless headphones wouldn't work in the front seat for safety reasons - I wonder if this is something similar.

Once it's connected, I was able to stream while holding the device while sitting in the passenger seat - so maybe it's not a weak signal problem...

It could certainly be coincidence - from connecting bluetooth devices on my laptop I know it can troublesome.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I'm not sure - it may have been a bad signal. What happened was I tried to connect my Xoom and it just wouldn't work. So I left it on the passenger seat while I drove home from work. When I got in the house, I saw "My Volvo" the the list of bluetooth devices on my Xoom. So I went back out to the garage and found it worked. After that, I grabbed my iPod touch and repeated the process. It wouldn't connect. I placed it on the passenger seat and voila - it connected. Is it some sort of safety thing where they don't want the driver trying to connect devices while driving? In a minivan we had, the wireless headphones wouldn't work in the front seat for safety reasons - I wonder if this is something similar.

Once it's connected, I was able to stream while holding the device while sitting in the passenger seat - so maybe it's not a weak signal problem...

It could certainly be coincidence - from connecting bluetooth devices on my laptop I know it can troublesome.
You can not connect a NEW Bluetooth device while the car is in motion; that is a safety feature.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hmmm, interesting. The other times I tried, the engine was running. I don't know if the car would be smart enough to differentiate running vs. Moving.

/puredrive07 - glad to see I'm not the only one to have "drowned" their Volvo. I sadly lost my '07 s40 to a quickly rising flood that I was barely able to drive out of. I thought I dodged a bullet until days later when I noticed a smell in the car like standing water. The ins do totalled it, then I got my s60.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Hmmm, interesting. The other times I tried, the engine was running. I don't know if the car would be smart enough to differentiate running vs. Moving.

/puredrive07 - glad to see I'm not the only one to have "drowned" their Volvo. I sadly lost my '07 s40 to a quickly rising flood that I was barely able to drive out of. I thought I dodged a bullet until days later when I noticed a smell in the car like standing water. The ins do totalled it, then I got my s60.
The car can tell the difference if you are moving or stopped; anything over 5mph and you can't watch Video or connect devices (safety feature). Volvo definitely has loosen the belt on these safety nannies compared to my parent's 2010 XC60RD which you can't even change the EQ levels.

That was my brother's S60 that we lost to the Hurricane Irene, the canals by Rider University were overwhelmed and he lost his car within 5minutes and couldn't move it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car can tell the difference if you are moving or stopped; anything over 5mph and you can't watch Video or connect devices (safety feature). Volvo definitely has loosen the belt on these safety nannies compared to my parent's 2010 XC60RD which you can't even change the EQ levels.

That was my brother's S60 that we lost to the Hurricane Irene, the canals by Rider University were overwhelmed and he lost his car within 5minutes and couldn't move it.
OK. I've noticed that you can't change some of the car settings when moving, but they are greyed out so you can't select them. If you can't pair devices while the car is moving, the selection should be disabled in the menu. At this point, it's water under the bridge since I got everything working.

That's too bad with your brother's S60. We didn't get too much damage from Irene. It was a freak rain storm a few weeks later that overflowed a reservior by us did my S40 in. Here's to hope for less rain this summer :).

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I can pair my phone while I'm going over 100Km/H. Well it was already paired... Just have to connect my phone to Sensus.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I can pair my phone while I'm going over 100Km/H. Well it was already paired... Just have to connect my phone to Sensus.
You can connect an existing device while in motion. Like I said in a previous post, Volvo has a "nanny" function that doesn't allow you to pair a new device while the car is moving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts