SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, now that I am getting free bluetooth, I need to get a new phone. I have Verizon and am looking at the Razr V3c.
However, neither this phone or any other has Volvo listed as a compatible vehicle.
What should I look for in compatibility?

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Re: Bluetooth and phone compatibility. (Eric_H)

The Razr V3c should work just fine. Bluetooth is just a wireless protocol. As long as your new phone has bluetooth, it should work just fine.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Bluetooth and phone compatibility. (Volvo Grrrr)

It probably doesn't have the Volvo listed as a compat. vehicle as it does not come standard with Bluetooth.

As stated above, Bluetooth it it's own protocol. If it has it, it will work.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Re: (Eric_H)

Eric_H,

I agree with what the other guys have said and add the following:

Bluetooth does lots of things, part of the spec includes something called 'profiles'. Various devices use various sets of Bluetooth profiles. For Bluethooth-enables phones most will certainly have the obvious profile needed for basic hands-free speakerphone operation (mic and speaker audio, volume control, and basic answer and hang-up functions). The Volvo kit does all the basics and also does some more fancy stuff too. Sounds like you're in a nice position to choose a phone that has the Bluetooth functions you want. Some phones go farther and include profiles for data transfer, so for example you can transfer all the contacts (names&numbers) stored in to your phone and access them through the buttons in you car on in the case of Volvo use voice commands (I have not tried this and don't have on yet so that needs to be confirmed by others here).

Search these forums to see what other owners have been able to do with various Bluetooth phones and the Volvo kit and go from there.

Best of luck and report back on how it all works out.

LTA

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there a tutorial anywhere on the volvo kit?
Or, I assume I will receive something with the car that I may take to Verizon.
I was reading about the different bluetooth FAQS but am unsure what the Volvo hands-free kit enables.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts