SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have questions about the BlueDriver adapter, for OBD2 functionality, code reads, reset, etc: https://www.amazon.com/BlueDriver-B...gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=AD7D9D1JAFECP

I presently have an OBD2 scan tool that links to smartphone, but it is not as advanced as the BlueDriver. https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Product...+obd2+scanner&qid=1555345484&s=gateway&sr=8-3

What brought this on is that my P80 car has had the light next to the Service light, I believe it is either an ABS or SRS light, on for quite awhile. Other lights come on, but sure enough, only when I am not in the car. :eek::confused: It's back in service now, and doing very well, however, I feel very accomplished, and want to learn more about these non-OBD2 systems that always seem to stay on, no matter how clear the system that sets or does not set the Check Engine Light is.

I see BlueDriver supports Mode6, and lists as compatible with my model.

So! Begin the questions. What is Mode 6? Is BlueDriver any good? Anyone use it? My adapter I have now works well, but it is a one-trick pony.. unless Torque Lite or Torque Pro can also access these same systems, in which case, I will learn that too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I use hyper tough (autel) obd200. Has mode 6 and all wonderful things... I can attach screenshots or links to my drive of all things Volvo that i did on the APP tonight since they finally updated it to run on my phone too lol.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah. You wouldn't believe it but runs pretty well. Lowkey pretty good for the price.

(I've got a pretty **** battery so got a lotta low voltage and codes running and popping )

*unofficial volvo durability tester*

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ Hquinn4thawinn, did you have to pay for the software that came with that unit you are using? And it works with Android, yeah?

·
Registered
40 Posts
It comes with ONE free, and you choose what one you want free. And yes it finally works with 32 bit operating system thing.. lol i harassed the company about it for about a week they got in touch with the developers in china and within a month it was fixed.

Customer service is in point with them too.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It comes with ONE free, and you choose what one you want free. And yes it finally works with 32 bit operating system thing.. lol i harassed the company about it for about a week they got in touch with the developers in china and within a month it was fixed.

Customer service is in point with them too.

Oh, nice.

I ended up getting an Autel HT-209 ? A $20 unit from Walmart. Said to have the functionality of a $200 unit. I am not a fan of paying for subscriptions etc (the way we go through phones etc) so. I will give that one a shot.

The CEL set so..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts