SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got the idea today as I was driving behind a Mercedes. Some of those cars have a factory blue window tint. I did some searching and found that suntek HP in either 35 or 50% is pretty close to the MB factory blue tint.

I'm going to talk to my local tint guy and see if he can get it. How do you think that would look?

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Re: Blue window tint for sonic blue (soledoc)

I've got the suntek carbon on my R and like it. now that I think about it, a blue tint might bring out the sapphire in my black nicely. you've got powerblue going on your R now though, be careful not to overkill!

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Re: Blue window tint for sonic blue (vizwiz)

Quote, originally posted by vizwiz »
you've got powerblue going on your R now though, be careful not to overkill!

I have to agree.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

I say go for it.

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts

In the scheme of things, tint isn't that expensive . . . so do it, and if you don't like it, get it re-done something different.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Blue window tint for sonic blue (R Salesman)

Could anybody photoshop a sonic blue with the MB blue tint?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Ah heck...forget it. I'm just going with a 35% charcoal. blue tint on a blue car would be too much. I just talked to my tint guy, who does tint on MB and he said the MB factory tint is 70%. Way too light and wouldn't probably look good on a blue car. I think the blue tint would look great on a silver car. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
20 Posts

I've been considering a blue tint as well. My car is Electric Silver which under certain lighting conditions will show blueish undertones that would nicely complement the hue. The Suntek HP 35% looks good.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Blue window tint for sonic blue (Zinski)

R.
Quote, originally posted by Zinski »
I've been considering a blue tint as well. My car is Electric Silver which under certain lighting conditions will show blueish undertones that would nicely complement the hue. The Suntek HP 35% looks good.

I think a 35% suntek HP blue would look great on your electric silver R

1 - 10 of 10 Posts