SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2016 XC90 R Design. It's a Certified Pre Owned; and during the delivery inspection I noticed a bright blue vertical line running down the Sensus screen. The line shows up on the bright setting and during camera operation. The dealer agreed to warranty claim the screen. Is this a common fault?

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
NOPE

·
Registered
417 Posts
Not yet.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design with air suspension and B&W Sound system
645 Posts
You should see if they can upgrade you to the newer Sensus with the better processor! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should see if they can upgrade you to the newer Sensus with the better processor! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm hoping that will happen by accident. I'm a design engineer for a green tractor company, and we would call that a USE UP AND GO TO NEW PART. With some luck, either the older units are determined to have faults and were scrapped, or they would be out of stock.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I'm hoping that will happen by accident. I'm a design engineer for a green tractor company, and we would call that a USE UP AND GO TO NEW PART. With some luck, either the older units are determined to have faults and were scrapped, or they would be out of stock.
Orange Rules!!
Sorry, couldn't help myself ;)

·
Registered
417 Posts
I hope for your sake this happens but unfortunately I think there is a very small chance it will. I would guess there may be software/firmware compatibility issues but that is just SWAG

If it happens we will have to figure out how to recreate the blue line!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had the software updated to the latest version and the Pilot Assist 2 added to this 2016 prior to picking it up this week. I'm not sure if I'd bet on it being a software or firmware issue. I'm guessing they will start troubleshooting with a new piece of hardware.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update, this screen was replaced for the blue line. I'm not sure if it was a newest version of hardware or not. Is there anyway to check?

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,082 Posts
Update, this screen was replaced for the blue line. I'm not sure if it was a newest version of hardware or not. Is there anyway to check?
Is the Sensus startup noticeably faster? If yes, you might have the faster processor.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
I really wish my Sensus screen go weird after 5 and before 10 years so I have some hope to get new hardware. It makes sense for them to supply with new hardware instead of let 5 year old parts stay in precious warehouse space.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is the Sensus startup noticeably faster? If yes, you might have the faster processor.
I put a stopwatch on the car. The car was sitting for 3-4 hours. From the time I opened the door and the loading screens were completed, total of 26 seconds. Seems slightly faster? Not a complaint really in speed.

·
Registered
311 Posts
This happened once to my graphical instrument cluster screen on a very cold day, but not the Sensus screen. I was about to bring the car to the dealer, but the vertical line was gone after restarted car. If the the screen is separated from the processor, I doubt they will replace the whole unit. They would just replace the faulty touch screen.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
I put a stopwatch on the car. The car was sitting for 3-4 hours. From the time I opened the door and the loading screens were completed, total of 26 seconds. Seems slightly faster? Not a complaint really in speed.
Nav map and GPS is the slowest to boot up because it doesn't save the latest location and waits for GPS receiver to get satellite signal. But you can start using Sensus long before nav is ready. You should measure the time till you can swipe Sensus screen smoothly.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Still infuriating that sometimes the backup camera doesn't come up in a timely manner. I often get in, wait a few seconds, then put it in reverse even though the camera isn't up and just pray I'm not going to hit something. Do we know if they bumper sensors are active immediately or does that system have to boot up as well?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts