SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably not possible but thought I'd ask anyway. Any possible way to send or receive text messages via blue tooth? Would be nice as with the new iPhone, you can speak your text message.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Not possible with the Volvo system (or at least the software doesn't allow it) with any type of mobile OS. I miss this from my 2010 Mazda 3.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Siri works through Bluetooth. So if you can press and hold the home button on your iPhone while driving (easy to do by feel and not take your eyes off the road) you can send a text message.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Siri works through Bluetooth. So if you can press and hold the home button on your iPhone while driving (easy to do by feel and not take your eyes off the road) you can send a text message.
I have used it this way. Much safer than texting by hand. I just wished Sensus would show the text on the Volvo screen, both incoming and outgoing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm thinking of finding a visor mount for my iPhone5 so I can simply push the phone's home button and use Siri to dial and/or text out. Of course I could not see the screen on the phone, but that is the idea isn't it? To keep your eyes on the road.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can also ask Siri to readout your SMS. Just say "Read my messages" after activating Siri with the home button... then it gives you option to reply or read again. Quite handy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts