SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received my Blox Sport hubcentric spacers that I ordered about 3 weeks ago and thought i'd share. 25mm for the rear and 10mm up front (i think this is the thinnest you can go while maintaining a hubcentric spacer) and are made of forged 6061-T6 aluminum and anodized black. In theory this should put the side wall of the front and rear tiles perfectly flush with the fender if I took my measurements right and blend in with the stock R wheels pretty well due to their color. I also ordered a custom made set of stock length chrome lugnuts as to make the front and rear bolts utilize a 17mm socket (this should work with most aftermarket wheels). I'm hoping for some warm weather this new years eve to install them, but for now here are some pics. :D BTW the Yue Chen from Blox was great and easy to deal with, i ordered directly through email/paypal and had no issues. He even sent me pics of my actual spacers before getting boxed up.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Man those are pretty. Shame they will be completely buried from view! Looking forward to your flush-mount pics!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Installed the spacers today, everything went together without issue. Just be sure to anti seize the hub if your installing spacers.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Nicely fitted, looks great! I'm interested to know if you can pick up any handling differences with the altered track, or if it's unnoticeable.

Tappin' via Tapatalk

·
Registered
770 Posts
Looks nice. I always thought offsets had to be just right so as not to prematurely wear out the wheel bearings, though. Is 25mm not enough to do harm?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nicely fitted, looks great! I'm interested to know if you can pick up any handling differences with the altered track, or if it's unnoticeable.

Tappin' via Tapatalk
Thanks, i havent noticed any real difference as of yet, but i'll report back after i drive it for a few days. I also think the rear could have been a bit more agressive, maybe a 30mm. currently sits the car still has a slightly wider track in the front than the rear.

Looks nice. I always thought offsets had to be just right so as not to prematurely wear out the wheel bearings, though. Is 25mm not enough to do harm?
In theory it could prematurely wear out wheel bearings, but so can aftermarket wheels with a different offset. While there is alot of discussion about this possible issue all over the internet, i don't think you can find anyone that had a wheel bearing failure because of spacers.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Subscribed for future mod. Those factory Ixions look great and the spacers make them look amazing. Great job Op.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I don't think we need spacers in the front, but I agree that the rear tires are tucked in too far with the OEM tire offset. Same thing goes for our V60. 25mm is a lot, but the look is about right on your back wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can go a bit more aggressive, I am running 9.5" rear rims on on ET38 offset, sitting 36mm out from stock.

They are on the margin of how much you would push it for me.
Fronts 8.5" are 21mm further out and they are spot on flush with fender.

Handling is way more planted due to the wider stance/rim width and profile drop to 45's from 65's.
Highly recommended for the security of the stability, let alone aesthetic correction to the silly rear tuck.

·
Registered
132 Posts
You can go a bit more aggressive, I am running 9.5" rear rims on on ET38 offset, sitting 36mm out from stock.

They are on the margin of how much you would push it for me.
Fronts 8.5" are 21mm further out and they are spot on flush with fender.

Handling is way more planted due to the wider stance/rim width and profile drop to 45's from 65's.
Highly recommended for the security of the stability, let alone aesthetic correction to the silly rear tuck.
What size tires are you running and where were you able to find 9.5" wheels?

Are they 3-piece or 1-piece wheels?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have Jude T202's, i was really taken with the staggered look on bmw's and sports cars. And I wanted a decent concave in the wheel face to give that deep look. And ease of cleaning.
8.5" front 9.5" rear, not using spacers but wanted to play with the offset because the results others have achieved really wet the appetite for more attitude.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/19c7a80234fad5895b0a03027c2615bb/tumblr_nnvzpnCUX51uuj17xo3_1280.jpg
https://40.media.tumblr.com/7fda6cdf8fdfd1d118a4aa6e7b0d2ebe/tumblr_nnvzpnCUX51uuj17xo2_1280.jpg

They are single piece, you can whatever offset you want made to order.

Tyres are Michelin latitude, front = 255/45 x20, rear = 275/45 x20

·
Registered
132 Posts
I remember your car Lloyd. Something I'd love to achieve if fundage was not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
If the space is only 10mm in the front, are you using new bolts for the wheel to the spacer or how that is done?

What is the total price with the bolts?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If the space is only 10mm in the front, are you using new bolts for the wheel to the spacer or how that is done?

What is the total price with the bolts?
yes 10mm longer studs on the front. I paid about $260ish for the front and rear spacers with bolts. it took about 3 weeks to receive as they aren't a off the shelf item for Blox.

·
Registered
132 Posts
yes 10mm longer studs on the front. I paid about $260ish for the front and rear spacers with bolts. it took about 3 weeks to receive as they aren't a off the shelf item for Blox.
Sent PM with questions.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One quick note. I ended up having to reuse my stock lug nuts on the rear wheels as there was not enough clearance for my aftermarket lug bolt. I had ordered a spare set at 35mm long lug bolts to match the front extended lugs, but found out that they are too long. If you want to order a matching set then i would get 30mm for the rear wheels.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey there. These spacers look great and I'm looking to place an order, assuming it's going to be a major delay considering the source. In the meantime, can anyone confirm that this is the proper part if applying a 15MM on front? I don't see any 10MM spacers available from Bloxsport.

yes 10mm longer studs on the front.
If you want to order a matching set then i would get 30mm for the rear wheels.
On the hunt for 19MM M14 conical seat bolts now too. Sizing is 30MM on the rear, but what's optimal length on front? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts