SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Today is a sad day. While driving around i heard a loud metal ping from my engine bay which resulted in no boost. The engine code reads "disruption of air flow between MAF and turbo". I am assuming i spun the bearing on the intake side of the turbo. How would you guys go about getting an oem replacement without get ****ed up the ass by a stealership. I do not have the money otherwise i would just upgrade the turbo.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Blown turbos are very rare. Check for a hose that has come loose. Easy to pull intake pipe off & feel if the turbo is seized or not.
Even if the turbo is actually bad (doubtful) they are plentiful & fairly cheap both on eBay & in the classifieds here.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Blown turbos are very rare. Check for a hose that has come loose. Easy to pull intake pipe off & feel if the turbo is seized or not.
Even if the turbo is actually bad (doubtful) they are plentiful & fairly cheap both on eBay & in the classifieds here.
correct. If it was not smoking before hand it is probably not a blown turbo. These things usually give a LOT of notice before failing.

If it did, I have a spare center section and compressor cover you could swap in. Let me know how much its worth to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took it all apart, bearing in the turbo is toast. Found a replacement oem turbo for $450 from a local supplier here in Calgary. I wish it gave me some notice before blowing but hey everything else that's gone wrong in this car was sudden so why would this be any different.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Wow, $450 is a bit steep. Seriously go to ebay. If you dont like ebay Ill sell you the center bearing housing with wheel and compressor cover for less than half that. Plus you dont have to pull the manifold off the head and risk stripping the studs. PM me.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
i also found some used k04's for next to nothing. i could check if that are still available. PM if you still need turbo parts, ill see if i can get them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts