SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been recently experiencing weird boost conditions, until yesterday when it started hissing really loud under boost. I went over all the couplers, clamps, etc and found my problem. My driver side IC coupler has a hole in it:facepalm: Im guessing it has been rubbing on that metal radiator support or whatever that is.

Can anyone tell me what size coupler I would need to order? Phuz? Its lower IC coupler on the drivers side.

Sprayed some carb cleaner to clean up road debris.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its the 90degree coupler on the left side, next to the long silicone tube

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pm me an address to ship it to and its yours, i dont need it.
Thanks Ti-R!!!

I love forums where users help each other out.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Looks like you have one of the original kits that used the rubber 90. I had one fail and someone else did, too, recently. 4-ply silicone is the way to go.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Yeah, original kits has its down falls - I'm a good example as my AC no longer works due to the first gen PhMIC haha.

Nice that you're getting another one from Ti-R though!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
At least he didn't puncture his AC system during his install.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?176149-My-temper-got-the-best-of-me..
Mine was 'professionally' installed by Matt (Phuzz) himself and my AC eventually broke. Rubbing caused by installation pushing against my AC condenser onto a metal bracket eventually cracked the side and Freon leaked out. Unfortunately , it took like 6 months for it to break and I never knew how close/situation was for me to prevent it - just one day my AC went out and when I went to go refill it, I can see where it was blasting out and you can see the bracket leaning on it getting sprayed - So I never contacted Matt figuring he wasn't going to fix it and I just had to chock it up. I never posted it on SwedeSpeed for fear it would sound like I was bashing him, just one of those unfortunate installs I suppose.

I still need to buy another AC condenser and might as well get the dryer too (one of those sayings of "while you're in there"). haha, 2 years and no AC! :) Good thing I don't daily commute this car, the heat would kill me!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

·
Registered
2005 S60R, 2021 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD
1,416 Posts
ohhh ok, glad i didnt block anyone by accident. couldnt figure out how to check. thanks

back on topic

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Lol I replaced my whole AC condenser and drier yesterday for $130, AC blows ice cold.

$130 in damages or $600 in installation fees, you decide.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
only '04 has the larger drier problems right? not the '05?

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Lol I replaced my whole AC condenser and drier yesterday for $130, AC blows ice cold.

$130 in damages or $600 in installation fees, you decide.
Where did you find it for 130?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts