SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOS!!!! In dier straits, desperately need to get home and have a snapped thermostat housing. Can anyone assist?? Please PM me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No luck, anyone know.of.a Volvo friendly pick and pull near me in Belle Fourche, SD??

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blown head gasket in Belle Fourche, SD...anyone near there want an overall great V70XC? Or anyone interested in helping me fix / retrieve the car back to Seattle? The current plan is to ship the car in a few weeks back to my house and then I need to find a motor in case the head is toast

Please PM me any thoughts or input.

Cheers!

Travis

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Blown head gasket in Belle Fourche, SD...anyone near there want an overall great V70XC? Or anyone interested in helping me fix / retrieve the car back to Seattle? The current plan is to ship the car in a few weeks back to my house and then I need to find a motor in case the head is toast

Please PM me any thoughts or input.

Cheers!

Travis
Sorry to hear about the lack of solutions! I’m extremely tempted to take it off your hands, my GF is obsessed with the Emerald XC’s as she thinks they are iconic and it would be fun to make an R in XC form out of it, but I’m not really up for the task right now. Photos of cosmetic condition including interior?

Good luck, sir!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try to find some pics but I would say interior is 7-8/10 typical plastic pieces cracked/broken on B pillar and C pillar, armrest needs attention and I would.swap carpet at some point only due to rear passenger floor board, exterior is decent too small dent or two in front right fender, roof has scratches, I was going to plastic dip or wrap the roof Matte Black...

Cheers!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is this car worth having shipped to Seattle and fixed? Are head gaskets repairable or heads on these Volvos or does it make more sense to hunt for a new motor or donor?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update!!

I’ve decided to fix and keep (Vera) the V70XC alive and out of the JY. However, here’s the scenario, please tell me if I need to adjust my strategy…

I am in Seattle, Vera is in Piedmont, SD, Ian flying into Rapid City, SD on September 30 with new parts (HG set, PCV kit, Timing Belt and WP kit, Oil Pan reseal kit) shipped ahead of my arrival. I will have access to a full shop with tools and lift (if needed) in SD.

This is where I need guidance…

I’m going to assume the worst and that my head is cracked or warped during the overheating process. I’m thinking of pulling a head from the JY local to me and either shipping or flying with it in my “carry on” roller bag. My first concern is cams,VVT, timing and removing the head and cams from two separate motors and then putting it all together and in timing.

I’m comfortable doing most of the work and the HG itself with a cam locking tool but the cam locking seems irrelevant given I have to swap out the cylinder head regardless and move the cams over to the new head.

Please let me know if I am out to lunch here.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Travis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts