SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchase my 98 v70 it had no lights or turn signals, replacing the overload relay quickly cleared up this problem. In the past couple hundred miles this relay has gone bad 2 more times. I'm replacing the relay with used parts, so it's possible that I'm having terrible luck but this seems like a problem. I'm trying to keep notes of what accessories are on when it goes, but I'm not noticing any trends yet. Have any of you experienced a similar problem? What was the solution?

Cheers,

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
You may have more current running through the relay contacts than it's designed for.
That would most likely only happen is one of the systems is is pulling more juice than
it should and a previous owner has put higher capacity fuses in than Volvo spec.

Just for grins, take a walk though the fuse box and be sure that all of your fuses have
the rating that Volvo intended. And a fresh relay would eliminate the possibility that the
used ones are just dying. Shouldn't be too expensive. I'd start with those two things.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had started with the fuse box that houses the overload relay but overlooked the other. Some fresher relays seems to have solved the problem. I'm going to chalk this one up to back luck. Thanks for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts