SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our '98 XC has been blowing bulbs every couple of months. This seems odd. It has gotten worse since we have switced to Hella's Optilux bulbs. Anyone have any ideas? BTW the Optilux are very nice, when they work.<BR>Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
27 Posts
I remember my dealer saying that this was a common problem that they were aware of but did not know the cause of. At that time, 3 months ago, they were replacing them for free. Check to see if your dealer will do the same.<P>

·
Registered
22 Posts
The bulbs on my '99 V70AWD each blew around the 10k mark. I understand they are now a warranty-covered part until you get to 50k miles. The last time I went by the dealer to get one replaced, the service advisor offered to do 'em both. He grabbed a couple out of his desk drawer, ran out to the curb with me and I was on my way in three minutes. It's obviously a congenital problem -- which I don't think can be attributed solely to DRL use -- but the dealers are, just as obviously, used to dealing with it, and it shouldn't cost you a dime for the first 50,000 miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks you guys for the replys. <BR>At first our dealer replaced the lights for free also. Like i said before, we have since switched to Hella's Optilux bulbs, which are now being redesinged to last longer, go figure. Its kinda nice because they have a life-time warranty. And now that the XC has nearly 70k miles on it, its out of its original warranty, though the dealer may still replace the bulbs... I dont know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I blew 3 lights in 4 weeks on my '99 T5. Not impressed. However today my dealer advised me that beginning 15 Jan 01 there will be a recall mailed out for replacement of the signal bulb receptors! Finally! Unfortunately I just blew a fog lamp - and that's not covered!<P>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts