SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced the whole blower assembly, and it didn't fix the issue of the fan not adjusting, blowing high on its own, etc..

So, what am I left with? Looks like to me the knob or stuff behind the knob is bad. Thoughts?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hey how hard was it to replace the blower motor if u don't mind me asking? My blower is making A weird noise

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
You need the power unit

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey how hard was it to replace the blower motor if u don't mind me asking? My blower is making A weird noise
remove the 2 screws that hold on the lower panel, and remove the panel, there's 8 more screws that hold the glove box on. There's a plastic clip which you have to pull forward and over the hooks to release the glove box so it will drop down farther, which allows you to remove those 8 screws. Then there's 4 screws that hold the blower on, plus removing the cover for the cabin filter. You need a wobble joint and a torx screwdriver. I think it's either T25 or T27 don't remember. It's a bitch to get to one of the screws that hold the blower on.

You also have to remove the plastic trim on the bottom portion of the door opening, and pull the carpet back so you can get to the screws.

Took me about 30 minutes... I'm an experienced mechanic.. For a novice with no instructions or understanding of tools it would probably take an hour.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
You might need the power unit which is #5. Part number: 8693262

Or you might need the blower as well which is #4. Part number: 9171479

Did you replace both of these?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The fan control (switch) is integral to the CCM. You can monitor the control in VIDA.
If you use a swivel extension and TX25 bit the fan can be removed by only removing the underdash panel and then removing the 5 screws. I didn't do anything with the glovebox. You have to pull the carpet down on the right side. 1/4 inch air ratchet would also let you get to the blower screws.
I pulled mine out not long ago and blew off the squirrel cage and lubed the motor.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You might need the power unit which is #5. Part number: 8693262

Or you might need the blower as well which is #4. Part number: 9171479

Did you replace both of these?
The fan control (switch) is integral to the CCM. You can monitor the control in VIDA.
If you use a swivel extension and TX25 bit the fan can be removed by only removing the underdash panel and then removing the 5 screws. I didn't do anything with the glovebox. You have to pull the carpet down on the right side. 1/4 inch air ratchet would also let you get to the blower screws.
I pulled mine out not long ago and blew off the squirrel cage and lubed the motor.
I already replaced it. Read posts.

Vadis says to remove glove box. I removed one yesterday without removing the glove box and it was substantially harder to get out. Glove box out makes it much easier.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has anyone replaced any other parts to fix this issue?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bump

1 - 11 of 11 Posts