SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a similar post here about the blower acting crazy, but I'm not sure whats up or if many others have had this problem before. When I set it to blow hot/cold air in the cabins, now it just blows
through the windshield vents and it's in bursts (heavy blow, then simmers down) then does the same thing over and over again in a loop. When I set it to blow the windshield, it blows normally. Any ideas?
I think dice does a reset on this kind of thing but I would like some input.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
DICE can be used to calibrate the motors, which needs to be done if replaced.

What settings does this occur on? Or does it have no relation to the HVAC settings you select?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Mine does that. If I go full cool for a/c I only get about half speed on the blower. If I put it into defrost it will kick up to full speed. When I take it off of defrost it does the burst thing for a while before eventually giving full air through the dash vents. I dont have an answer for a fix though. I've just been living with it until something happens where its worth the expense of getting it fixed.

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
DICE can be used to calibrate the motors, which needs to be done if replaced.

What settings does this occur on? Or does it have no relation to the HVAC settings you select?
You can DIY with DICE? Good to know... It's about time a purchased Vida Dice... That alone is probably the same cost the dealer will charge to fix this one problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts