SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I took delivery of my Darth Volvo (Onyx Black, Charcoal interior and black headliner). I am completely and madly in love with this car but...after having driven approx 100 km I got an error message saying that the BLIS sensor is faulty and needs service. Anyone else that have experienced this and found a solution? I will wait until next week before contacting my dealer to see if it comes back on.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Krexus, Congrats on your new purchase. I have seen message come and go on my car, specifically for me the Auto Stop and Start. If the message disappears on the next restart, check to see if your bumpers have anything on it. The BLIS Sensors are located on both sides of the rear bumper. Try wiping it down and see if it returns back. It may be that when they detailed the car, it may have some compound there. If the message is not there and your blind spot indicators are working, likely it is a glitch in the system. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding! This might be the case as the weather is really bad right now and sensors might be covered somehow. Will investigate tomorrow.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Today I took delivery of my Darth Volvo (Onyx Black, Charcoal interior and black headliner). I am completely and madly in love with this car but...after having driven approx 100 km I got an error message saying that the BLIS sensor is faulty and needs service. Anyone else that have experienced this and found a solution? I will wait until next week before contacting my dealer to see if it comes back on.
Wow..I should have checked the posts...I just got the following message and the car is less than 2 weeks old

"Blind spot sensor service required"

Are you getting the same? I wiped down rear sensors but I still got the message :(

Please let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wow..I should have checked the posts...I just got the following message and the car is less than 2 weeks old

"Blind spot sensor service required"

Are you getting the same? I wiped down rear sensors but I still got the message :(

Please let me know what you find out.
If you have wiped it, and you still have the message, I am sorry to say that you will need to take it in for service. The issue is, if the message disappears and the techs can't reproduce it, the techs will not be able to look into it. I have had that happened to me a handful of times already with my volvo. The techs keep saying, "sorry, we can't reproduce. You car is performing within the manufacturer specs."

·
Registered
192 Posts
I made an appointment for tomorrow AM but the tech mgr mentioned on the phone that I wipe down the sensors under the left and right mirrors. I did it quickly and it still didn't work. I will try again using a gentle cleaning wipe and solution. However, I would imagine that if it was sensor debri related, we would get a 'Blind Spot Sensor Blocked' message based on the owners manual.

I will provide another update later in the day tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I made an appointment for tomorrow AM but the tech mgr mentioned on the phone that I wipe down the sensors under the left and right mirrors. I did it quickly and it still didn't work. I will try again using a gentle cleaning wipe and solution. However, I would imagine that if it was sensor debri related, we would get a 'Blind Spot Sensor Blocked' message based on the owners manual.

I will provide another update later in the day tomorrow.
The 2016 XC90 uses radar in the rear corners of the car for BLIS. Not cameras under the mirrors.

In fact, almost every BLIS since 2015(?) uses the radar instead of cameras. I believe the exception is S80 still has the cameras.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts