SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
S60 B5 Inscription (not even built yet)
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call from my dealer regarding my S60 order I placed in June. I was already sort of expecting it but he told me that they are not able to deliver the car as specified due to the chip shortage. BLIS and CTA will be left out and I was offered a discount to compensate it. I asked how long I would need to wait if I wanted to have them and he said that for all S/V60 they are now gone for good at least for all 2022 and there's no info after that. All the other options¹ are still available, as we went through my order and checked them one by one.

Still, could be worse; with BMW you don't get adaptive suspension, electrically adjusted seats, HUD, wireless charging, adaptive cruise control,…

¹ I can't say about wireless charging, glass roof, tail hook, and heated windscreen, as I didn't want them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
As far as I know we still have stock of BLIS/CTA equipment for S60. Not sure if it’s going to be phased out or if it’s being held for specific markets, but it’s not 100% dead yet

·
Registered
789 Posts
What is CTA and do I have it on my 19 S60 and 18 V90?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as I know we still have stock of BLIS/CTA equipment for S60. Not sure if it’s going to be phased out or if it’s being held for specific markets, but it’s not 100% dead yet
I've also understood that there actually are equipment there, but very limited amounts and only few manufacturers have them in stock. E.g. Tesla says all their Model 3's targeted to Europe will still have radars, but not the ones sold to US. Apparently, Volvo does same kind of market priorisation then.

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
What is CTA and do I have it on my 19 S60 and 18 V90?
Yes, you would have it on newer cars - it became part of the BLIS package back in 2015 or so (based on the model).

For me it's probably the more useful part of BLIS - warning you when you're backing out of a parking space blind with cars rolling up the aisle potentially.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Cross Traffic Alert. It's the warning that goes off when you're in reverse and the car detects something moving into your path.
Thank you. My S60 has it but the V90 does not.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just got a call from my dealer regarding my S60 order I placed in June. I was already sort of expecting it but he told me that they are not able to deliver the car as specified due to the chip shortage. BLIS and CTA will be left out and I was offered a discount to compensate it. I asked how long I would need to wait if I wanted to have them and he said that for all S/V60 they are now gone for good at least for all 2022 and there's no info after that. All the other options¹ are still available, as we went through my order and checked them one by one.

Still, could be worse; with BMW you don't get adaptive suspension, electrically adjusted seats, HUD, wireless charging, adaptive cruise control,…

¹ I can't say about wireless charging, glass roof, tail hook, and heated windscreen, as I didn't want them.
What market are you referring to?

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
CTA is extremely useful in alerting hazards. Man, that's definitely a harmful subtraction to Volvo's standard safety features.

Covid / Chip shortage hurting every industry atm.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What market are you referring to?
🇫🇮 Finland, but it might be the whole Europe in general as I've seen this same thing popping up in several posts across this forum from members in different European countries.

·
Registered
979 Posts
CTA is extremely useful in alerting hazards. Man, that's definitely a harmful subtraction to Volvo's standard safety features.

Covid / Chip shortage hurting every industry atm.
Agreed, this has to be painful for them! IIRC this is a standard feature across the range previously? It was one of the few safety tech features I required, having had the good experience with BLIS and the CTA equivalents on my wife's Mazda I knew I needed those. Too many parking lots you can't see a thing backing out, over those giant SUVs!

I''m sure they make the decision to "build the car without the feature, or not at all" they do what they have to do, and if other competitors are in the same situation it's not quite as painful.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Missing CTA is definitely a blow, but if the backing camera is good enough (wide angle) it will somewhat recover the situation. The lack of BLIS is much harder to compensate. On the other hand, if this is the only thing my car is missing I think it is a minimal acceptable damage to my order. It could be much worse given the current situation in chip availability.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts